Green-Eyed Monster: Part 2

Summary: When Yelena has her second ever big mission and is going to be gone with Steve and Clint for four to six days, Natasha is convinced that she is going to be miserable and lonely just like she always is without her baby sister there to keep her company. However, she finds odd comfort in one Kate Bishop, and the both of them use this time to grow closer and form a strange yet close bond with one another.

But this does not set well with Yelena when she finds out about this large amount of time that Kate is spending with her Natasha and how close they are growing.

   "Okay, ow," Kate whined a little, her back flat against the mat as she finally got enough air in her lungs to speak. Natasha just chuckled a little in response to the girl, looking down at her as she stepped over to just at the top of Kate's head.

Natasha had been teaching Kate a little bit about how to properly counter an enemy's blocking motion, and she told Kate to come at her with anything she knew. In one of their last rounds, Kate had come in with a flying kick, trying to take Natasha off-guard.

However, by pure instinct, Natasha managed to catch her leg in a hold while Kate was in mid-air, and she threw the girl on her back, knocking the breath out of her. Natasha felt a little bit bad, but mostly, she was terribly amused at the look on Kate's face.

"You've got to anticipate your enemy's move," Natasha told her with a slight grin, and Kate groaned deeply as she held her stomach, just laying there. Natasha moved over to Kate's side, extending her hand to help the girl up to her feet.

Kate looked at her for a moment before achily raising up and taking hold of Natasha's hand tightly. Natasha heaved her upward onto her feet. Once she was there before Natasha, Kate nodded to her in thanks with a slight grin that almost resembled a grimace as she held her stomach with a hand.

"Wow... Are things supposed to ache like this? I haven't hurt this bad since I was trying to earn my black belt," Kate complained lightly with a slight awkward laugh. Natasha just smirked at her, her hand lingering on the girl's arm.

"Clint takes it too easy on you."

"But it feels like he goes harder on me usually. Well, until me and you get done training," Kate grinned lopsidedly, and Natasha squeezed her arm a little, tilting her head a bit as she gazed at the brunette.

"It's my job to pinpoint weaknesses, Kate, and I make sure that you're training to get rid of them the whole time that we're sparring together," Natasha explained to her gently, and Kate raised her eyebrows in surprise before nodding a little.

"Well... I guess that shouldn't surprise me. You're like the best fighter here, so," Kate just sort of shrugged, cutting herself off. Natasha shook her head affectionately at her before moving her hand up to Kate's shoulder and guiding her in toward her.

Kate eagerly stepped forward to receive the hug that she was being offered, and Natasha embraced her carefully. Kate immediately sunk into the embrace in that manner that was typical of her, her taller form draping over Natasha as she let herself be held while she relaxed for just a moment.

"You did a really good job," Natasha praised, and she could feel Kate grin against her as she giggled somewhat goofily.

"Thanks, but I had a great teacher," Kate quipped, and Natasha rolled her eyes fondly, rubbing a hand up and down the girl's back for a moment before letting her go hesitantly.

Something in Natasha just wanted to hold onto her and keep her in her arms. It was likely the piece of her that was already missing Yelena, but she also found that she was fond of Kate herself as well, and she enjoyed giving the kid the affection she obviously so desperately needed.