Detka, It's Cold Outside

Summary: When Natasha, Yelena, and Tony all go out on a mission together in northern Canada in the middle of the winter, it is freezing outside but the adrenaline pumping within them is keeping them warm. However, adrenaline pumping is not good enough to heat up Yelena when Yelena falls into freezing water. It is up to Natasha to take care of her sister and help her through the freeze.

   Natasha spun around, having taken care of the enemy agents on the small side road that she was on. She had successfully blasted them through their vehicle that they were attempting to escape in, and the heat of the battle was pumping through her blood and warming her despite the freeze in the air around her.

Natasha, Yelena, and Tony had been assigned to a mission out in northern Canada in the middle of the wintertime. It was freezing cold outside and was actually below zero in temperature. Natasha had fussed relentlessly at Yelena about putting on ample layers and had managed to get her way at least a little.

However, Yelena still had not put on as many as Natasha would have liked. Yelena's words in reply to her concerns were something to the effect of her being Russian and the cold not bothering her. Natasha only allowed her to get away with that excuse because the adrenaline that would be pumping through the fight would likely keep Yelena warm enough.

They were sent to invade a particular hideout of Hydra's and Natasha and Yelena were posted on the road as Tony took on the base. Natasha and Yelena were there to ensure that no one escaped. Natasha had taken a position on a side road leading away from the base and Yelena had chosen the bridge.

So now that Natasha had taken out the guys on the bridge and there were considerably less explosions and sounds of fighting at the base up the hill, Natasha took her chance to check on Yelena.

Yelena appeared to be fighting off the men on the bridge efficiently. However, Natasha quickly noticed one running up behind the blonde, and the redhead's eyes widened as she yelled loudly in hopes of getting Yelena's attention and warning her.

"YELENA!!!" Natasha screamed as she watched her little sister. Yelena was just a moment too late, and as she turned to face him and intercept his blow, he shoved her and she went careening down the length of the bridge toward the water below. Natasha's eyes went wide as saucers, her body completely frozen in place.

She felt her heart jump as she noted Yelena shooting a line up toward the bridge. There was a chance that Yelena could make it and pull herself back up in time to avoid a collision with the frigid water.

However, Natasha's jaw slackened as the line failed and Natasha could practically feel the fear coming off of her sister even though they were far away from one another. Yelena fell, crashing into the water full-force.

Natasha screamed Yelena's name again as the men on the bridge escaped quickly. She then immediately activated her earpiece.

"Tony, immediately rendezvous to my coordinates," Natasha practically yelled into her earpiece as she immediately took off running for the water, knowing that it was freezing cold and needing to see her sister resurface to know that she was alright and relatively unharmed from the fall. Once she reached the waterside, she looked at the water's surface hopefully.

"Where is she?!" Natasha demanded, and Tony's voice quickly came over the coms as he flew above her, hovering over the water.

"I don't know, I saw her fall, too!" Tony yelled in reply, and just as Natasha was about to dive into the water herself, Tony dove downward for the water where they last saw her, and Natasha watched, feeling the fear within her heart clawing at her chest as she watched carefully.