Sledding with the Bartons

Summary: Natasha, Yelena, and Kate come to visit the Bartons during the winter, and when Clint comes up with the great idea of going sledding, everyone is excited. However, with Yelena being ultimately determined to sleep all day and with Kate being her ordinary clumsy self once all of them actually get to go sledding, sledding is a much larger, more entertaining adventure than anyone could have originally guessed.

   "Okay, kids, are we ready to go?!" Clint called loudly, Laura waiting nearby with Natasha not too far from her. Immediately, a whole herd of footsteps came running from upstairs above the group.

Yelena and Natasha had come to stay with Clint and the kids for a few days, and Kate, of course, had wanted to come as well, so they brought her along after checking with Clint. He definitely did not mind having his apprentice there, and so they ended up having a very rowdy and loud trip there in Natasha's car.

Yelena would not stop poking fun at Kate and Kate would not stop taking the bait and getting embarrassed about whatever it was that Yelena threw out there. Most of it was pertaining to Kate's very much unrequited crush on Clint. Of course, Kate ended up getting some revenge as she brought up one of Yelena's finest moments when she had dressed in a full beard and Russian outfit as she played Just Dance. Yelena did not take it particularly well, and she ended up turning in her spot in the passenger seat to try to attack Kate who was sitting in the back.

Needless to say, there was absolutely no peace on the way there.

However, now that they were here, they had woken up that morning and had breakfast with Yelena still in her pajamas, and Yelena had once again headed back upstairs after breakfast to take another nap. Natasha knew the blonde was just tired from the trip there, and so she let her sleep.

But when Clint presented the idea of them going sledding at a nearby park, Natasha knew that Yelena would want to go, so she went upstairs to wake her up so she could change clothes. Yelena had been drowsy, but Natasha figured that she would come soon enough, and she got herself bundled up, waiting on her sister downstairs. Yelena had not come down so far, but she was hoping that with Clint's call, Yelena would be downstairs in a rush.

Soon enough, they spotted Nate, Lila, Cooper, and Kate rushing down the stairs at full speed, decked out in their winter clothes. Clint grinned as Nate passed by, and he ruffled his hair. Natasha offered a loving smile to Lila as her eyes lingered at the top of the staircase. Cooper rushed by with Lila just in front of him, and Kate came to a stop, a somewhat defiant look on her face.

"For the record, Clint, I'm a totally mature adult," Kate told him somewhat breathlessly as she paused before him and attempted to look as put together as she could despite the fact that she was just as thrilled as the actual kids of the group. She had not been particularly impressed by him calling her a child, and it was evident in the way she stood there and tried to appear so confident and aged.

"Sure," Clint unconvincedly replied, and Laura laughed in response. Kate just pouted a little before hurrying outside to join the Barton kids in the car. Natasha furrowed her brow, knowing that they were missing one from their merry group.

"Rooskaya?! You coming?!" Natasha shouted loudly, and there was no response. Natasha sighed lightly before shooting Clint a glance.

"I'll be right back. You guys can go ahead and get in the car if you want," Natasha told them, and Laura nodded with a knowing smile. Clint just shrugged, starting out the door as he held it open for Laura to head out first.

Natasha hurried up the stairs, heading for the room that she and Yelena were sharing. Before long, she had opened the door, and her eyes widened.