Unexpectedly Impressive

Summary: When Yelena and Natasha are heading to the gym in the Avengers tower, they meet a friend of Natasha's-- Carol Danvers. Yelena is displeased with the amount of her sister's attention that Carol is taking up, so Yelena challenges the woman to a contest of strength. The only problem is that Yelena has no idea that Carol has a super advantage against her.

   "You wanna spar today?" Yelena offered as Natasha and she got on the elevator, heading up to the main floor of the Avengers tower.

The both of them had decided to blow off a little steam that day and they headed to the tower to work out at the gym. They both felt that they needed it, and they enjoyed working out together in a safe, relatively private place.

"Didn't you get enough last week?" Natasha questioned teasingly, and Yelena shot a playful glare in her direction.

"I won that match in the end."

"Exactly. In the end," Natasha told her with a grin, and Yelena shoved into her shoulder with her own. Natasha moved sideways a bit with the force and quirked a brow at the younger girl. Yelena just titled her chin up confidently.

"You're just scared I'm going to win again," Yelena cockily stated.

"You didn't win last time. I pinned you first," Natasha informed her as the elevator stopped and the both of them stepped out, deep in conversation.

"Where's Fury?" a dark voice sounded off much too close by, and Yelena spun to the side, instinctively sending a punch. However, to her shock, the figure dodged her swiftly. She paused for a moment once she felt Natasha holding her back tightly. She honestly could not believe that the person had managed to dodge her. No one had ever successfully dodged that move entirely.

"Carol?!"

"Hey, Nat," the woman greeted, and Yelena was very surprised to see Natasha release her and step forward to offer the tall woman a hug. The woman laughed a bit, returning it tightly as she bent to encompass Natasha more fully.

"I didn't know you were coming back here," Natasha happily spoke, her voice warm as she pulled back, and the woman grinned happily.

"Well, yeah. How else would I have kept it a surprise?" the woman expressed as if it were obvious, and Carol eyed Natasha happily.

"I'm loving the full head of red hair. Don't ever change it again," the woman told her, reaching out and fingering a bit of Natasha's red strands. Natasha chuckled, waving the taller woman away.

"Blonde really isn't her color, is it?" Yelena spoke up, making herself known as she butted into the conversation boldly, her arms crossed.

"And who's this? She's got a fast right hook," the tall blonde complimented, and Yelena just narrowed her eyes skeptically.

"Oh! I'm sorry! Carol, this is my little sister Yelena," Natasha introduced, and Carol flashed a somewhat curious glance at Natasha, a light grin still playing on her lips.

"I didn't know you had a sister."

"Most people don't," Yelena commented, her voice completely deadpan. Natasha lightly smacked her shoulder, and Yelena could not help the wicked smirk that spread across her face.

"Yelena, this is Carol," Natasha introduced, gesturing to the tall blonde before them. Carol smiled happily at Yelena, offering her hand to shake. Yelena just raised an eyebrow, glancing at it skeptically. However, after a moment, she finally lifted her own hand and shook it.

However, she quickly yanked her hand back as something akin to a burning shock went through it. Yelena looked at the woman strangely, and Carol just grinned widely, glancing over at Natasha.