Don't Hide from Me

Summary: When Natasha comes home from a mission, Yelena is not there to greet her. Therefore, Natasha ends up stitching herself up. However, when Yelena comes and finds her after going to the store with Peter, Natasha does not tell Yelena what is going on with her, and Yelena ends up messing with her as usual. And Natasha's stitches break.

   Natasha looked around the compound curiously, wondering where her baby sister was as she tried to resist the slight exhaustion tugging at her as a result of the blood loss.

When she had come home from her mission, she had been expecting to see Yelena waiting on her as always. However, Yelena had not been around, and she found herself extremely curious about the blonde's whereabouts. Yelena always made sure she was there and waiting for Natasha so she could help her with any wounds.

This time, a man had gotten lucky and Natasha had gotten a pretty bad cut to her stomach— it was much more serious than any wound that she had recently. She had to drag herself to the bathroom to take care of it. She had stitched herself up and bandaged herself, finding that she very much missed Yelena's help with this sort of thing.

Once she had finished taking care of her wound, she had started looking around for her baby sister, somewhat worried that something was wrong with the girl. Which brought her to their shared room at the compound.

Just as she was about to turn and leave the room, a warm body suddenly crashed into her back. It was not as hard as it would have ordinarily been, and the arms that wrapped around her were not as tight as usual. Natasha immediately recognized the scent that washed over her, and she smiled widely, bringing up a hand to squeeze one of the arms around her.

"Hello, rooskaya," Natasha greeted with a grin, and Yelena mumbled something in response into her back. Yelena then slowly pulled away, looking at Natasha curiously and with some concern. Natasha knew that her sister was likely worried about any injuries Natasha might have.

However, given the nature of her wound, Natasha did not particularly want to tell Yelena about it. She did not want her sister to worry about it and freak out as Natasha knew she would. Yelena was never one for panicking, but when it came to Natasha being injured any more than just a minor wound, Yelena had a tendency to fuss over her and worry way too much.

Plus, Natasha always hated having to see the look on Yelena's face when she realized that Natasha could not cuddle with her as much and as well as usual. She figured that these stitches would likely hold up against anything Yelena had for her today, and a bit of cuddling definitely was not going to pop them, so she could likely safely keep the stitches a secret.

So, not explicitly lying to the blonde but not telling the absolute truth either, she cupped Yelena's face and kissed her nose, pretending as if nothing was wrong. Yelena immediately relaxed, melting into the attentions and obviously buying that there was nothing wrong with Natasha.

"How was the mission?" Yelena questioned, and Natasha just raised an eyebrow with a smile, moving up to press a kiss between Yelena's eyebrows. Yelena hummed with appreciation immediately, pressing her head a bit harder against Natasha.

"We got the stuff we needed and got out of there pretty quickly," Natasha told her with a smile, her thumbs stroking against Yelena's cheeks softly as she pulled away to look into those honey-greens that she adored so much.

"Good. I'm sorry I wasn't here to meet you... Peter and I went to Walmart to go and get some sour cream and onion chips since we're out. I thought I'd be back before you came home," Yelena explained apologetically, bringing her hands up to rest on either side of Natasha's neck.