As the World Caves In: Part 1

Summary: It's a wonderful, beautiful day for Yelena. She is on a jog with Fanny, heading to the compound to meet up with Natasha, to hopefully aggravate Kate and Peter, and to let Fanny play with Lucky. Everything is truly perfect in her world.

That is, until tragedy strikes, and Yelena is left with that perfect world caving in.

   "C'mon, girl... You ready to go for a walk?" Yelena excitedly called, patting her thigh to coax Fanny over. However, Fanny did not need the extra encouragement, because at the mere mention of a walk, she was already bounding over excitedly, wiggling in place as she eagerly waited for the blonde to put on her leash.

Yelena grinned widely before growing just a little more hardened as she held her hand up in a signal for Fanny to sit.

"Alright, sit down and be patient," Yelena commanded somewhat firmly but with a great deal of fondness swelling in her chest as she looked down at her dog. Fanny swiftly complied, remaining still as she just watched Yelena with the utmost anticipation in her eyes. Yelena grinned a little in spite of herself as she clipped the collar onto the Akita.

"Good girl," Yelena praised, running her hand through Fanny's fur affectionately. Fanny wagged her tail just a little, licking Yelena's hand happily. Yelena smiled happily before turning to face the room, a slightly less enthusiastic look on her face as she looked behind her.

"See you later, Liho," Yelena bid the cat farewell before heading out the door, Fanny obediently at her side as they started on their walk to the compound.

Natasha had to go for a meeting, and she had very graciously managed to get Yelena out of having to go so that the blonde could sleep in. That morning, Natasha had woken Yelena briefly to tell her that she was leaving and to come to the compound whenever she got up later. Yelena had not wanted her to go, but after many promises of cuddles later, Yelena finally let her leave and she fell back into a deep sleep.

When she had finally gotten up and made herself a bowl of cereal, her heart had warmed at the sight of a bowl and the cereal box already resting on the counter near the fridge with a little sticky note with Natasha's definitive handwriting scrawled across it. It had been a simple but sweet message with Natasha playfully expressing that she loved her with an adorably scrawled heart on the note.

Now that she had finished her breakfast, however, she was going to go meet her big sister and she what she was up to at this point. And she figured that she would bring Fanny as well so that she could play with Lucky around the compound while Yelena hung out with Natasha.

Yelena set out along the sidewalk and jogged as Fanny trotted along beside her briskly, the dog's tongue lolling out happily as she enjoyed the exercise offered by the run.

Yelena was looking forward to seeing Natasha, and that was honestly what was hurrying her pace a bit more than she ordinarily would have been moving on a walk with Fanny. Fanny, however, did not really seem to mind it too much.

Yelena was already planning what she would do when she saw her big sister. She was going to ambush her and run as fast as she could behind her and jump onto her back. She knew Natasha would catch her since she always did every time that Yelena launched herself on her at full speed. In fact, it had become a bit of a game between the two of them, and Yelena had taken it upon herself to launch surprise piggy-back rides on Natasha. The redhead always complained that Yelena was getting too heavy for it, but Yelena knew that her big sister really did not mind the attacks.

Fanny was quite similar to Yelena in that way as well. Oftentimes, when Yelena would jump and tackle Natasha from behind, Fanny would join in and place her front paws on Natasha's back. She would then grab the back of Yelena's vest or shirt between her teeth and tug playfully. She never tore any clothes, but Yelena was sometimes afraid she might.