I'm Here for You

Summary: When Natasha is awoken by a scream, she knows exactly what is wrong. Yelena is still grappling with some demons, and it is up to Natasha to help her through it.

   A scream resounded throughout the house. Natasha shot up from her place in bed, feeling cold chills running through her from the pure fear and torment in the voice.

She heard a firm thump against the wall, and Natasha immediately knew what was happening. She practically leapt from her bed and made a mad dash for Yelena's room. She tried to refrain from bursting through Yelena's door because she knew very well that Yelena always kept a pistol next to her bed.

Natasha carefully opened the door, and Yelena was immediately staring at her. Thankfully, she had no gun in her hand, but her chest was heaving and her eyes were wide and wild. Her hand was also locked around the bar of the headboard. Natasha immediately knew that the younger girl was in a terrible state.

Natasha very carefully took a step through the doorway, making sure she left the door open to try to keep the blonde from feeling quite so trapped. She also moved to the side of the doorway, ensuring that Yelena saw that there was a clear path to freedom. It was not that Natasha thought that the girl was going to run, but she also knew that Yelena was not entirely with it at the moment and that if she was viewing Natasha as a threat, she would need a way out to feel safe.

"Yelena, it's okay," Natasha told her, moving slowly. Yelena never took her eyes off of her, and Natasha knew that they were still very much in a danger zone.

"It's me, okay? It's Natashka," Natasha informed her, and she accidentally moved just a bit too quickly as she stepped forward. Yelena jumped and Natasha could see her starting to reach for the gun. Natasha shook her head quickly, shrinking back some.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay," Natasha quickly reassured, holding her hands out so Yelena could see them as she fully processed her surroundings. Yelena's eyes were locked onto her, and Natasha was a bit worried she still did not recognize her in the midst of her sheer terror.

"It's me. Natashka. Natashka," Natasha quietly told her, and Yelena suddenly had something that resembled tears in her eyes as she seemed to gain a better understanding of where she was. Yelena stared at her for a long moment and Natasha felt her heart squeeze with the way the girl was looking at her.

"Natashka?" Yelena weakly questioned, and Natasha could see the recognition in her eyes that was fading into that manner in which the blonde always looked at Natasha.

"Yes, little one, that's it," Natasha softly expressed, approaching the bed very slowly, heading for the empty space next to Yelena on the mattress. Yelena kept her eyes on her unwaveringly, and Natasha stopped once she was next to the bed. She kneeled down next to it, trying to look less intimidating and to perhaps calm Yelena down more.

"It's okay. It's okay... Can I get up here with you?" Natasha asked carefully.

A tear rolled down Yelena's cheek, and she was looking at Natasha with a certain desperation in her eyes that told her what she needed to know. Natasha took a deep breath before gradually starting to ease onto the bed, bringing up a knee and pulling herself up on it. She did not make any sudden movements since she did not want to set Yelena off or scare her.

Natasha soon settled next to her sister, and she glanced up at the hand that was firmly latched around the bar of the headboard. Natasha could see how tightly Yelena was clinging to it, and it hurt her heart just to look at it. She looked back down at Yelena and into her eyes. Yelena was eyeing her with adoration but also a considerable amount of fear.