The Art of Transportation

Summary: At Natasha's recommendation, Clint takes Kate to his farm for a weekend to teach her how to drive. Naturally, chaos ensues.

   "Alright, so this is how it's going to work. We're going to do this out here first, but make sure you keep far away from the pond, alright?" Clint explained to Kate, gesturing in front of them where he was sitting in the passenger seat next to her.

"Got it."

"Good," he responded, and she took in a deep breath, trying to alleviate her nerves a little.

Clint had taken her out to his farm for the weekend to teach her how to drive as per Natasha's request. Kate had been very excited and nervous all at the same time. She knew that spending one-on-one time like this with him was extremely lucky for her but she also knew that she would be freaking out because of her crush on him the entire time. It was always like that when she spent time with him, and she honestly did not want anyone here to find out about her feelings. That would be way messier than she would ever want things to become.

Besides, she would never take him from Laura or try. Plus, she knew that even if she ever did try, he was not takeable.

It was just a harmless crush, but it sure did make things really awkward and difficult for her sometimes.

"Okay, start slowly. Go slowly. We don't want to jump every bump in the pasture," Clint told her, and Kate swallowed as she tightened her grip on the steering wheel, pulling herself from her thoughts and trying to force herself to quit being that stupid teenager that had hopelessly drooled over Clint Barton for all those years.

"Press the gas—"

Kate accidentally pressed too hard as soon as he said press the gas and the entire vehicle lurched forward. Clint yelped, and Kate screeched a little with him.

"Brakes!" he cried, and she quickly pressed them as hard as she could, letting off the gas.

Clint swiftly reached out, grabbing her arm as he held onto her tightly while the both of them tried to calm down. She froze, letting off of the pedal as she looked over at him uncertainly. She tried her best not to focus on how his arm was flexing there before her very eyes—which by the way, she found to be very rude because it was right there, and she was already having to put all of her mind into not thinking about her crush— and she instead tried to center her attention on his face. His eyes were a little wide, and he looked a little panicked as he regarded her.

"Don't press the gas until I tell you, okay?!" he told her, and Kate shook her head quickly, trying to keep her mind on what they were talking about instead of his arms where that tattoo sleeve was so clearly showing that always successfully made her weak in the knees.

"But you said press the gas!" Kate argued, somewhat freaked out, and Clint shook his head, his eyes growing calmer as he looked at her.

"Look, you didn't let me finish," Clint specified, and Kate let out a breath, trying to calm herself.

"I was saying press the gas slowly and carefully. You need to be gentle with her," Clint explained, and Kate nodded a little before furrowing her brow.

"Her?"

"Yeah, her name's Charlene," Clint told her, and Kate snorted a little. Clint narrowed his eyes a little as he glared at her halfheartedly.

"Look, Lila named it when we first got it," Clint defended, and Kate simply grinned widely as she laughed a little, unable to help her amusement. Especially since a part of it was due to nervousness inspired by how his hand was now gripping the back of her seat just behind her shoulder. That was for some reason always so attractive when guys did that and she had no idea why.