Sisters in Arms (But in Nothing Else)

Summary: When Natasha and Clint go on a mission to find a flashdrive that could be located in one of two locations on opposing sides of the Atlantic Ocean, Yelena decides that she is going to head to the second location that Natasha and Clint are going to in order to reduce her sister's time away from her. However, she soon finds that she has an unexpected sidekick in this endeavor that comes in the form of one Kate Bishop.

   Yelena very carefully snuck onto the ship, the early morning sun hitting her suited form. She moved inside of it, placing her duffel bag on the floor as she checked herself to ensure that she gathered everything she needed for the task ahead of her.

She had her trusty knife and her guns were all on her and fully loaded. She was wearing her second-favorite vest and she had loaded enough ammo in her pockets and in the bag along with some snacks. She then checked her wrist, softening as she spotted the heart-bracelet that she shared with Natasha. She smiled gently as she softly pressed it just to remind Natasha that she loved her. After a few moments of pulsating, Natasha suddenly pressed the button from her end and it lit up again. Yelena felt her heart warming as she headed over to the control console.

Natasha had gone on a mission with Clint to find a special flashdrive at a Hydra base that was rumored to be full of Hydra's secrets. It had been placed by a mole from SWORD at one of two different bases on either side of the Atlantic Ocean, and Natasha and Clint had headed for the one located in the United Kingdom first, Natasha apparently having a feeling about it being located there. It had a tracker on it, and when they grew within a few miles of the base, they could detect it and find its location, but until they traveled almost the entire distance, they would not know for sure if it was actually there.

However, knowing that if the flashdrive was not at the UK base that it would take Natasha a while to finally come home, Yelena made the decision to sneakily take a ship for herself from the compound and visit the other location in Canada to check it for the flashdrive. She had managed to snatch the proper technology to track it, and although she knew that Natasha was going to kill her for going by herself, she also knew that by doing this, she would bring her sister back to her that much faster and hopefully much more safely.

Just as Yelena started cranking the ship, she suddenly heard someone walking not too far behind her. Yelena spun around, immediately on the defensive as she glared at the person entering. However, she immediately groaned as she realized it was just Kate.

"Easy! It's just me!" Kate assured her, and Yelena rolled her eyes before suddenly realizing that she was holding her bow and seemed to be battle-ready. Yelena had no idea how Kate managed to figure out that Yelena was leaving that morning, but she was definitely not about to let her come with her. Yelena narrowed her eyes at her before shaking her head.

"No."

"Wh—I didn't even—"

"No. Get out and go back to bed," Yelena told her, refusing to allow Kate to say anything and to go on this mission with her like she so obviously thought she was going to.

"But—"

"You're not ready," Yelena shot back immediately, cutting her off before she could start trying to make any excuses. All Yelena could think about was when she had turned around to see that the kid had been shot two times on that mission that Kate accompanied her and Natasha on.

"Look, Yelena, that was one time, and I was being rash! There wasn't a plan, and we could think of a plan together this time, and I could help—"

"There is no 'this time.' You're not ready and until you master almost all of Hawkear's and Natashka's tricks, you will not be entering the field in a serious combat situation. And even then, it's going to be a seriously controlled situation with a grown-up to supervise," Yelena informed her, and Kate made a noise of utter offense as she looked at the blonde.