✦ chapter four.

ೃ༄ "

ೃ༄ "...this is for your own good, riddle."
✧──────✧

f/n stood beside yuu, intently watching ace and deuce in disbelief as they take on their dorm head to a duel before the throne.

"...so you are actually serious about this," spoke f/n.

"yes haha, they're determined to make riddle apologize for what he has done." yuu conversed with f/n as they carefully watched over the challengers in the sidelines.

the heartslabyul students mumbled amongst each other in disbelief upon hearing that someone challenged the dorm leader for his position. "hey, did you hear? someone challenged prefect rosehearts to a duel!"

f/n sighed as the students continued chatting. her eyes glowed as she stared at the three challengers, carefully reading their aura and analyzing their magic jewels' blot status even if it was hidden from plain sight.

"...rosehearts shouldn't be doing this..."

yuu hummed in response as he looked at f/n, "why is that?" f/n shook their head and told him to forget what she said as the headmaster cleared his throat to gather everyone's attention.

"now then, i shall be watching over the duel about to take place here in the heartslabyul dormitory. the challengers are ace trappola and deuce spade. the one who accepted the challenge is the current prefect riddle rosehearts," crowley paused to look at riddle before resuming his opening monologue, "now then, please remove the collars in order to start the duel with no handicaps for both sides."

riddle obliged and took off the collars from deuce and ace's necks. ace voiced out his relief to which riddle responded that the collar will be back on them soon. the two first years stated that this duel was no joke, making riddle claim that he was ready to start.

"as you can see, i don't have enough time. taking you one at a time will be time-consuming, so come at me, both of you."

the heartslabyul residents cheered for riddle, making the first years turn bitter as a response. riddle ushered the headmaster to begin at once as he was running out of time.

"the moment this hand mirror falls into the ground is the signal to start. ready... fight!" headmaster released the hand mirror from his grip as it fell to the ground and shattered into pieces.

this signal made riddle wave off his staff and casted his unique magic onto the challengers.

— ❝off with your head!❞

the first years screamed in disbelief as they realized they immediately lost the battle, frustrated that it went by so quickly that they did not have a chance to land an attack on him.

"h-he's quick!" yuu was surprised that the duel ended in a blink of an eye. f/n hummed in response, "rosehearts is a powerful opponent. there is a huge difference between their levels that it was almost impossible to defeat him in terms of a magic battle."