✦ chapter one hundred seventeen.

ೃ༄ "a new camping activity

ೃ༄ "a new camping activity..."
✧──────✧

still seated on her bed with her glowing staff in hand, f/n's eyes glowed as she reminisced the memories her staff wished for her to recall.

casting the spell made her staff glow brighter as she found herself reliving the same moments that happened recently.

now, on to memory number four...

...

classes have ended for the day as f/n walked beside sebek silently. the first years were heading back to the hall of mirrors to return to their dormitories since they had no club activities for the day.

"the weather's good," remarked ace, "we should go goof off somewhere."

"...a guy like you doesn't need to use the weather as an excuse," retorted deuce.

jack chuckled at deuce's response and said, "that's for sure."

"what?! talk about a low blow, guys!" exclaimed ace.

however, the attention of the first years was now shifted to the courtyard. they paused in their tracks and watched the scene of people ordering from mostro lounge's branch café.

"hm?" voiced f/n, "branch café? the sign says vote for your favourite limited-time dessert... chocolate and strawberry...!"

the diasomnia student's eyes suddenly twinkled as she said, "mostro lounge has a new limited-time dessert?! ...ahem... excuse me, i must check on how azul is doing."

"or~ you want to check out the treats," retorted ace.

"we'll accompany you," said epel, "besides... i am craving a dessert at the moment."

as the first-year group approached the stall, ace and deuce did the talking while the rest stayed silent.

"awesome job, floyd-senpai. can i get two sets?" spoke ace.

"don't make me repeat myself, kani-chan... it's one set per person!" exclaimed floyd as he grew irritated at how people were not abiding by their rule.

"you've got to win people over if you want ballots filled, right? help us out and i'll give you all of our votes," said ace.

there it was. his little 'negotiation' technique, as he says.

suddenly, floyd gave them a bunch of sets as he said, "here are 3 sets! you better vote for the branch café menu!"

the amount that floyd gave did not match his words, causing deuce to speak up. "leech-senpai gave us way more than three—"

sadly, ace covered his mouth to prevent him from completing his sentence.

"thanks a lot for the food!" exclaimed ace as he turned around and gave the rest of the first years some sets, "since we got more than three... i guess all of us can have our own share."