✦ chapter fifty two.

ೃ༄ "happen any time now

ೃ༄ "happen any time now..."
✧──────✧

vil commanded everyone to gather around once they have finished their warm-ups. he then mentioned that the song they will be performing is finally finished, earning a reaction from the rest. "finished? does this mean that it will be an original song?" asked jamil before he continued, "how extra considering it's just a school competition."

"the vdc has been using original songs for the past years now. the vocal & dance championship is not a beauty pageant nor is it a fashion show. the criteria for the vdc revolves around singing prowess and dancing talent as well as whether you suit the song you chose perfectly," spoke vil.

"a fitting song... that is quite complicated. how does it work exactly?" asked deuce. vil glanced at deuce and elaborated his statement further, "just like how you suit a certain type of clothing, if your group doesn’t exactly fit the song you chose for yourselves, it will be lead to a point deduction. take this for example. how would you feel if a group of primary schoolers sang old blues or heavy metal? no matter how good their performance is, their overall appearance would just be disorienting. in order to captivate the audience, we need to make sure the song matches us very well."

"oh, that's right. the finalists will be decided right on stage this year, correct?" questioned jamil. vil nodded as he answered, "precisely. everyone in the audience will be voting. the audience, the participants, and even the staff have the right to vote for a group that they think has a chance of winning."

"even the participants? won't they just be voting for themselves, though? i mean, everyone likes to think that they're the best, you know...?" spoke kalim. "for amateurs, maybe. however... as long as there is someone you deem more worthy, there is always a chance that you will not vote for yourself. you'll know as soon as you see them that you can never compete. when that happens, no matter how much you lie to yourself, you'll realize that you were never a threat." replied vil.

"which is why i try to do my best to give a show that i can always be proud of. and the original song is just another factor," finished vil. "seeing your ever so determined visage is truly a sight to behold! you are dazzling, vil! can we listen to the song now, too?" spoke rook.

"of course. manager, please play the song for us." requested vil as he turned to look at yuu. f/n lightly nudged yuu as an attempt of signalling him to play the song. "are you talking to me?" asked yuu. "of course. didn't the headmaster ask you to support us? this potato over here will only be your assistant, which makes you our manager. if you want the prize money, you have to work yourself to the bone for us, too." replied vil before glancing at f/n.

'potato? are you serious? in what way, shape, or form do i look like a vegetable crop...? maybe i'm starting to look like one the more i grow older...' thought f/n. "understood," responded yuu to vil before pressing the play button as the music started blasting through the ballroom's speakers.