✦ chapter forty two.

ೃ༄ "i am not a tool for you to use!"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

the group revealed themselves as jamil looked at them, clearly spooked. "you finally showed your true colors! how dare you make a fool of us?!" exclaimed grim as he pointed an accusing finger at jamil. "how much did you hear?!" asked jamil.

"we heard everything," said f/n. "your conversation with azul ever since you left the lounge... they were being broadcasted live all over the school using azul's smartphone." added jade. "what?" asked jamil in disbelief. "there are currently five thousand people tuning in to azul's magicam live broadcast. apparently, 'evil scheme unfolding in a certain magic academy' is trending quite a bit. the vice prefect's stage debut! of course, every single dorm resident would be watching from the lounge as well."

on cue, the scarabia students from the lounge ran towards the hallway as they crowded around jamil.

"vice prefect... please tell us this is not true..."

"you've... you've been deceiving us and the dorm head this whole time...?!"

"he's a wolf in a sheep's clothing, yanno! a big liar!" exclaimed grim. "that's not... i..." trailed jamil. "there is no need to feign innocence. the fact that azul can't move because of your magic is proof enough. jamil-san... you brainwashed kalim-san using your unique magic to cause confusion within your dormitory. you are the real mastermind!" declared jade. jamil paused for a moment then said, "i did not intend for it to go this far, but you leave me no choice... azul, this is an order! throw them all out this instant!"

"yes, as you wish, master."

jade's eyes widened and said, "azul, you mustn't! please return to your senses." jamil let out a triumphant huff and said, "that won't do you any good!" azul stood beside jamil as he said, "yes, i am master jamil's loyal servant... —as if that will ever happen." azul and f/n locked eyes as they both smirked at one another, causing jamil to look at azul in disbelief. "what?!" azul looked back at jamil and said, "jamil-san, i am afraid karma will have its due. you underestimated me and simply thought of me as a greedy magician, did you not? now, no one will believe the vice prefect when he says he is doing this for the students' good. serves you right."

"what's going on?!" exclaimed jamil, "i was sure you looked into my eyes!" azul smiled as he answered, "i am a very cautious magician who has a countermeasure for everything that comes my way. right, floyd?" floyd nodded as he replied with a deep voice, "you let your guard down easily, didn't you, umihebi-kun?" grim glanced at floyd with a flabberghasted gaze as he asked, "what's up with your voice?!"

"i made a contract with azul to make my voice sound deeper. how was it? shocking, ain't it?" replied floyd, "in exchange, i lent azul my 'bind the heart'." azul nodded and said, "floyd's 'bind the heart' is able to jam an opponent's magic and redirect it somewhere else." yuu looked amazed as he exclaimed, "oh! you used bind the heart to redirect the brainwashing magic!" f/n softly patted his back and mumbled, "yes, you're doing great, sweetie."