✦ chapter six.

ೃ༄ "oh, you're the fresh diasomnia brat

ೃ༄ "oh, you're the fresh diasomnia brat."
✧──────✧

the four diasomnia students conversed amongst themselves while f/n just sat on their couch silently, listening carefully to what they are saying and yet, tuning out their words at the same time.

several days have passed since the overblot of riddle. news spread like wildfire across the campus that left many restless and in fear, while the others were grateful that rosehearts was well and okay.

f/n knew that riddle has recovered from the overblot. in fact, he has been slowly trying to change himself by being a little lenient when it comes to other rules. they were proud of riddle, though it was never obvious as they had no intentions of letting him know.

"—/n... f/n? are you still with us?" called silver as he looked at the first year.

f/n snapped out of her daydreams and looked at the four with slightly narrowed eyes, "did you say something?"

lilia sighed as he had a smile on his face, "my my, beastie is spacing out lately."

"i was just thinking about rosehearts... since he has finally recovered and all," responded f/n as she lowered her gaze.

malleus hummed as he glanced at the white invitation letter on the table, "speaking of rosehearts, what is that envelope on the table? i'm sure it came from him, seeing as the seal has a rose on it."

"an invitation to today's unbirthday party," replied f/n, though she did not spare a glance at the invitation.

"unbirthday party... why did you not attend? you are invited after all," spoke lilia.

f/n clicked her tongue as she leaned on the couch and crossed her arms, turning her head to the side as she closed her eyes, "parties aren't really my thing... besides, i'm quite out of place. the unbirthday party is a tradition exclusive to heartslabyul. i'm from another dorm, so i don't have any business being in there."

sebek blinked as he cleared his throat, "the human from that ruined dormitory is there, though." f/n hummed as she opened her eyes to look at the four as she spoke, "there is...something about him. he can view an overblot person's memories... or at least, the specific memories they keep to themselves that led the person to overblot."

"there must be a reason why he's here," replied silver. lilia hummed as he said, "but of course, silver. he may be of use to this world, which is why he was summoned here."

malleus cleared his throat as he continued speaking, "that aside, he has unconsciously taken up the role as the school's therapist."

"everyone in this academy needs therapy after all," mumbled f/n. her statement failed to go unheard as the four diasomnia students turned to face her, "what? it's true, though. believe me, the next person to overblot will definitely be savanaclaw's dorm head."

silver shook his head as he spoke, "don't jinx it, my lady." malleus turned to silver with a confused look on his face, "jinx?" lilia let out a short laugh before telling malleus to not mind what silver said.

"anyway, may i have all of your permission to stroll down the botanical garden of this academy?" f/n stood up and bowed slightly at the four, causing them to look up at her with a disapproved look.

"beastie, you are free to do anything as you like. you are not required to ask permission from us every time, you are free to follow your own wishes, is that not what we agreed on?"

f/n looked at lilia and softly sighed, "i understand. however, our deal is only applied when i am already the commander which i am not. although, seeing as it is upon your wishes for me to have my liberty in this academy, then i shall do so."

"oh f/n, you really do not have to be so formal with us. we've known each other for years," said silver as he smiled slightly at the first year.

the other three smiled at the first year as well, leaving her confused. "right... then, excuse me... i'll be in the botanical garden." f/n disappeared out of thin air once more and teleported to the botanical garden.

she walked around the garden and admired the plants and other organisms that were growing in the area— some were planted in there since the beginning, while some were the experiments of the students.

as she made a sharp turn to the left, she almost bumped into somebody else that showed up out of nowhere. before she could feel the impact though, she immediately stumbled backwards and held her hands up to the other person's chest, stopping them from walking any further.

"i'm sorry for bumping into you," apologized f/n as she bowed slightly.

"tsk, watch where you're going next time."

f/n looked up and was met with bored green eyes staring down at her. the man had lion ears and a thick, messy chocolate brown hair. she glanced at his biceps and saw no bands to indicate what dormitory he was from, but she did not need to see it to know that he is from savanaclaw— the dorm leader, at that.

"oh, you're the fresh diasomnia brat."

f/n blinked in surprise at his response, "e-excuse me?" the man repeated the exact words that he said earlier, assuming that she did not hear him clearly.

"no, i heard you loud and clear. what do you mean 'diasomnia brat'?"

the man sighed, "it is as i said. you're the only lady student in night raven, but you got sorted to diasomnia out of all dorms."

"...then i assume you already know my name," said f/n. leona hummed in response as he continued, "of course. everyone knows you at the very least."

f/n hummed as well before nodding at the lion and turning around, "then i guess our conversation ends here. have a great day, leona."

leona watched as she walked away from him, his eyes glinting slightly with curiousity and interest as he thought about their short interaction.

"so we're on the first name basis now, huh..."