✦ chapter thirteen.

ೃ༄ "i'd rather not involve myself with the likes of you

ೃ༄ "i'd rather not involve myself with the likes of you."
✧──────✧

after the magift tournament was, of course, the written exams. it was the day of the last test and class 1-a had submitted their papers to professor crewel. as soon as the students of class 1-a passed the paper to professor crewel, almost everyone in the room cheered for successfully completing the test. crewel scolded them and told them to sit for it was too early to celebrate. class was dismissed and ace stretched his arms as he glanced at his friends. f/n was sitting quietly beside deuce- they insisted for her to move seats to be closer to them.

"ah~! it's finally over..." sighed ace. yuu hummed in agreement as deuce added, "i did all that i could. all that's left is to wait for the results." grim snickered as he said, "nyahaha! a test like this is a piece of cake for me~" ace raised a brow at grim and said, "huh? you guys seem so confident even though you normally have a defeated face after a test~" grim was practically emitting a confident aura as he spoke, "hehe! i'm way different from the past me, yanno~ be prepared to ask for my help with your studying next time! i will be waiting for you to say 'what a genius you are, grim!'"

deuce shook his head at grim as he said, "sorry, but i'm pretty confident this time. i'll be taking that glory for myself." ace looked amused at deuce's statement and teased him, "pretty rich coming from the same guy who cried his eyes out 'cause he barely passed. well, i'm pretty confident too, so i ain't losing~" yuu chuckled as he said, "you guys studied hard, huh." ace nodded as he said, "pretty much~ studying's easy~" f/n raised a brow as she listened to their conversation.

'this is suspicious... no, wait... have some faith in them, maybe they really did study hard...' thought f/n.

deuce cleared his throat and stood up, "alright. classes are over, so i might as well head to the track and field club." ace nodded as he stood up and grabbed his bag, "i'm gonna play basketball and exercise 'til i drop. see you all later, then." the two bid goodbye to the group and left the room, leaving f/n, yuu, and grim. "let's go back home too, yuu! i studied so hard, i'm feeling sleepy now~" yuu nodded at grim and turned to face f/n, "will you be heading back to your dorm, n/n?"

"pretty much... it's not like i have anything to do in the club anyway, i'd rather not see that scheming octopus." yuu did not understand who she was referring to, but nodded at her nonetheless. "i see, i'll accompany you to the hall of mirrors, if you want." f/n blinked a few times, making sure that what she heard was true. "...you will? ...i-i mean, no... you don't have to. you two need to rest. i'll see you tomorrow, yuu, grim." the two nodded as she patted yuu's shoulder and grim's head before leaving the room.

as soon as she arrived at diasomnia's lounge, lilia stared at her like he wasn't expecting to see her home so soon. "...don't you have club activities, beastie?" asked lilia. f/n had a displeased look as she stared at lilia, "i could say the same to you, lil. don't you have some songwriting to do in the light music club?" lilia chuckled as he waved his hands to dismiss her question, "we have decided to rest after the test. we shall resume our club activities by tomorrow... and you? what's your excuse?"