✦ chapter seventy nine.

"happy valentine's day!" ✧──────✧

✧──────✧

the next day, f/n walked down the exterior hallway on their own. she did not fail to notice some of the students eyeing her and even tugging their friends. however, she paid no mind to it.

while they walked, kalim and jamil approached them. "hello, f/n!!" greeted kalim as he grinned at the diasomnia first year.

f/n stopped on their tracks and faced the two scarabia students. jamil nodded his head as he spoke, "greetings, lady l/n."

"hello, you two. are you heading to class?" asked the first year. the two nodded as kalim replied, "yup! but it was a good thing we passed by you! i wanted to give you something."

f/n blinked as she asked, "...hm? what is it?" kalim grabbed a heart-shaped box and handed it to f/n, "i heard you like sweets so... here's some chocolates!"

the first year glanced at the box before grabbing it from him and opening it, "whoa— these are the expensive kind. ...thank you, kalim." jamil then handed another box to f/n and said, "here's from me, lady l/n... um... i hope you'll like it."

f/n had a small smile on their face as they accepted the gifts from the two, "thank you, jamil... really, you two did not have to..." kalim grinned and jamil smiled as they both greeted, "happy valentine's day, f/n!"

...

f/n sat peacefully on their seat beside deuce. professor crewel was nowhere to be found, seeing as the staff had an urgent meeting for whatever reason.

deuce, ace, and yuu glanced at the diasomnia first year, contemplating on whether they should hand their gifts or not.

f/n felt their stare on them, causing the first year to look at the trio. "...why are you staring?" asked f/n as they chuckled, "are you captivated by my beauty or something?"

"u-um..." trailed deuce as he handed a rose to her, "h-happy valentine's, n/n! here's a red rose to um... show you that i like you..." deuce awkwardly smiled as his cheeks turned red, embarrassed at his poor attempt.

f/n had a small smile on their face as they accepted the rose, "how sweet, deuce. thank you..." ace snickered as he said, "what was that, deuce? move aside, let me show you how to ask n/n out!!" ace cleared his throat as he smiled at f/n before handing them a box filled with heart-shaped chocolates, "i think you're a cool lady, n/n! you are one of the famous military leaders and you are quite powerful. it's impossible for me not to like you, so... i wanted to give you these to let you know that my love for you is as sweet as these chocolates. happy valentine's day!"

f/n chuckled and grabbed the box from ace, "you're so mawkish~ haha, thank you... that's nice of you, ace." ace grinned as he blushed and said, "hehe... you're welcome!"

yuu stood up from his seat and kneeled next to f/n, "n/n..." the said diasomnia first year turned to face the kneeling ramshackle prefect as he continued, "i... uh... how do i start... um, i am forever grateful to meet a woman like you. despite what people say, you are kind and incredibly generous. i uh... i made this cake for you... happy valentine's day, n/n!"