✦ chapter ninety.

"they're here

"they're here."
✧──────✧

as soon as vil mentioned that he's going to split the reward with his own money, epel was the first one to retort back at him.

"no! we dun need that!"

"think of it as your performer's fee for the past month or so of training. i personally think this is not enough to cover everything you've actually done for me," spoke vil.

"s-still..." trailed deuce.

"'don't try to buy my sympathy with money.' is that it...? well, even though i told my manager the same thing... i could not, for the life of me, think of another way to compensate you... if i don't do this, i would not be able to move forward. please, accept it for my sake as well," responded vil.

"......alright, i understand! i'll take it!" exclaimed kalim, causing jamil to look at him with wide eyes.

"kalim?!"

"let me elaborate... i'm not pinning our loss or any sort of responsibility on vil, okay? but, if it's his way of coming to terms with what he's done in order to move forward, then i'll happily accept... and then, i'll be donating my share of the prize to the ramshackle dorm!" claimed kalim.

"WHAAAT?????!!!!"

"really, you... did you feel inspired by neige's story?" asked jamil. "no, that's not it... or maybe i was, i dunno..." answered kalim, "it blew me away when we stayed here for training, you know? this place is reeeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy hard to live in!"

"h-he said it with no hesitation whatsoever," mumbled yuu. "there were times when there was no hot water, the roof leaks when it's raining, wind comes in from all kinds of gaps in the wall... that was my first time staying in such a place! i guess the name 'ramshackle' isn't just for show, ahaha!" added kalim as he let out a laugh, though there was no hint of mockery in his words.

"...i won't argue with your logic," mumbled jamil. "plus, we owe it all to yuu and the ghosts living here for taking good care of us. but most importantly, i had a lot of fun staying here with you guys! it's mostly my gratitude talking, but i want ramshackle dorm to be like, crazy pretty, too! we earned that fee, right? so, we're free to use it how we want~!" cheered kalim.

"oh, roi d'or... you truly are a man that brings honor to your name," complimented rook.

"a servant should never go against his master's will. i will accept the fee, and likewise, donate it to the ramshackle dorm," spoke jamil, "the money was always just an added bonus for me, after all."

"i know f/n pays for your rent and other expenses, so you probably won't need much money 'cause you can use hers to pay for maintenance, but... it's also my way of showing my gratitude to her," admitted kalim.

"hm? what for? i don't recall doing anything to deserve your gratitude," spoke f/n. "you've been nothing but kind to me! and you also helped save jamil back then, right? so... think of this as my thanks!" replied kalim.