✦ chapter sixty four.

ೃ༄ "cursed child

ೃ༄ "cursed child."
✧──────✧

several years ago, f/n was still a knight in training. she had not earned the title of a lieutenant colonel, yet. however, she was trained by her father and a few royal professionals.

despite being a knight in training, she was taken to wars under the supervision of her father. vincent trusted her abilities enough to be able to survive through every conflict, and he was right. battle after battle, f/n would come back unscathed and beaming with energy.

those were the days where her life seemed perfect. she was loved by both of her parents and her little sister. the crown prince is a close friend of hers, along with the remarkable retired general. her powers were strong, and she was able to defeat several men in battle.

until...

whilst swinging her sword and swiftly defeating her enemies, f/n felt helpless as she realized her allies' numbers were decreasing, each one being defeated as every minute passes by.

f/n took a glance at her father and her royal mentor's direction, only to see an enemy sneaking up behind them to land an attack.

"father! instructor!"

the eldest l/n's eyes widened as they immediately teleported to their spot and drawn out their sword to attack the perpetrator before they could harm her allies.

"f/n!" called out vincent as the perpetrator landed the attack on f/n instead. despite blocking the attempt with her sword, the curse managed to struck the eldest l/n, causing them to fall back and lose their consciousness.

f/n's royal mentor that accompanied vincent caught her before she could fall to the ground. vincent did not spare a moment to hesitate as he landed an attack on the perpetrator, defeating him in the process.

there were no enemies in sight. some have decided to retreat, some have been defeated. as for their allies, most have been defeated and only three of them stood— well, two. one was alive, but unconscious.

vincent and f/n's mentor, edward, immediately teleported back to the royal palace to place f/n back in their room before checking on their status. as soon as f/n was set on her bed, the door burst open to reveal malleus, lilia, rachel, and aelyn. they rushed towards the unconscious l/n as aelyn kneeled next to her older sister and held her hand.

aelyn glanced back at vincent and edward with teary eyes as she asked, "what happened to big sis?" lilia rushed on her side and checked for her pulse as he confirmed, "she's still alive." vincent then replied, "she was struck by a curse. however, we do not know what it is."

vincent and edward gave way for malleus to stand by her side as the dragon fae leaned closer to determine the spell casted on her. malleus was silent for a moment before backing away, "it seems the curse is permanent."