✦ chapter twenty.

ೃ༄ "his unique magic kinda sounds like yours, f/n

ೃ༄ "his unique magic kinda sounds like yours, f/n..."
✧──────✧

f/n stood in front of the mirror with a safe distance, waiting for the other first years to jump out of the mirror once they realized they didn't have a plan. f/n scanned the surroundings of the mirror chamber while waiting for the first years, but it did not take too long seeing as deuce was the first one to jump out of the mirror.

"are you all okay?" panted deuce as he turned to look at his friends, who were also panting. "somehow..." replied ace. "i didn't think those guys would be mermen," added jack. "i feel like i have been chased by a shark! it's so unfair that they can swim so fast!" commented grim. ace nodded as he replied, "there's no way we can win against mermen under the sea..." grim frowned as he continued, "but we have to get that picture, or elsw we'll have to say goodbye to ramshackle."

"we'll have to rethink our moves first," stated deuce. ace agreed and said, "yeah... i'll try to ask cater-senpai and his wide network of information, too— eek?! f-f-f/n?! how long have you been standing there?!" ace had a petrified look on his face, as if he had seen a ghost. the rest had shocked faces as they looked at the diasomnia first year who was crossing her arms and looking at them with a bored look.

"i've been here since you came out of the mirror, i was supposed to warn you not to jump in there without a plan. i would tell you about the twins' unique magic, but i don't think i need to, seeing as you encountered them." f/n looked at yuu and jack before looking back at the three anemones.

"ah, so you know something! please, help us!" deuce bowed at a ninety degree angle with his palms pressed together. f/n blinked before tapping his shoulder, "get up. what are you doing? in any case, the two of you should go gather information from diamond. jack, yuu, grim, and i will head back to savanaclaw and discuss this over with bucchi and kingscholar. am i understood?"

"yes, ma'am!!!"

"honestly..." mumbled f/n before dismissing the two. she turned to look at jack, yuu, and grim who stood stiff as soon as her eyes landed on them. "f/n... sometimes, i forget that we are in the same year level..." spoke jack. f/n stayed silent for a while before responding, "...it's just me, jack. just a normal schoolgirl attending night raven college."

"normal doesn't best describe you, yanno..." commented grim. yuu cleared his throat and said, "let's head to savanaclaw later tonight and talk to leona-senpai and ruggie-senpai." the three nodded and left the mirror chamber.

...

it was already night time, and the first years are in savanaclaw's lounge discussing about the plan. f/n and ruggie were seated beside leona while yuu, jack, and grim were seated in front of them.

"eh? you guys really went to the coral sea?" asked ruggie in surprise. "you're too dumb for your own good," commented leona. "eh?! you were the one who told us to get moving!" leona rolled his eyes and said, "hmph, no one told you to get to the sea directly, dumbass." f/n softly sighed to herself and added, "you have limited time, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use your brain and formulate a plan with an alternative."