✦ chapter eighty.

"i can't believe you

"i can't believe you..."
✧──────✧

the diasomnia first year ran downstairs to the lounge the moment they caught a glimpse of the sun rising on the weekend. it was the crack of dawn, so they were not expecting anyone to be at the lounge.

however, they were wrong seeing as her four friends are conversing about what today's breakfast should be.

"perhaps we'll go for eggs and— oh, good morning, sweetheart," greeted lilia as he glanced at the rushing first year.

"in a rush?" questioned malleus. f/n hummed in response as their luggage levitated behind them, "i'm heading to briar valley... for a while... just for this weekend, i'll be back before you know it."

"...is there something going on in there? it would impossible for us not to know," spoke silver.

'...uncle did not inform them? SO HIS EXCUSE WAS NONE???' thought f/n before letting out a sigh. "...did... headmaster inform one of you about my quick departure?" asked the first year.

the four shook their heads, causing the first year to slap a hand on their forehead. "oh my goodness... well, i'll be heading back with the headmaster. we have some business to attend to... uh... family matters," lied f/n.

the four stayed silent as the atmosphere slowly grew awkward. f/n fumbled with their fingers as sebek spoke, "...you're totally lying."

"a-am not...! i have to go! i have no time to chat right now. see you when i get back," responded f/n before running towards the door of the lounge. lilia cleared his throat to gather their attention, causing the first year to stop on their tracks and turn around.

"aren't you forgetting something?"

f/n blinked as they started narrating their essential items, "my smartphone... a few spare of clothing... what else do i need? there's food in the palace."

malleus sighed before opening his arms for a hug, "where's our goodbye hug?" f/n stayed silent, shocked at malleus' words. seconds later, they cleared their throat and wrapped their arms around the diasomnia dorm head.

"group hug!" cheered lilia as he, silver, and sebek wrapped their arms around the first year along with malleus.

f/n chuckled and said, "alright~ alright~ i won't be gone for too long, promise. i really need to go now, though. the headmaster might be waiting."

"boohoho... i guess this is bye-bye, beastie..."

...

"uncle..." called f/n as she and crowley stood before the dark mirror. "yes?" responded crowley. "you told me you'll give those four an excuse," answered f/n. crowley's eyes widened before sheepishly grinning, "ah... sorry about that~"

the first year huffed and said, "be glad i thought of an excuse... anyway, let's go..." crowley cleared his throat and spoke, "mirror of darkness, take us to briar valley's royal palace!"