✦ chapter one hundred nine.

ೃ༄ "please come back

ೃ༄ "please come back..."
✧──────✧

it was finally the last battle between the shroud brothers and the night raven students. f/n held her transceiver tightly as the pomefiore trio listened carefully to her instructions.

"this is the last battle," said idia. 

"let's defeat them together, nii-chan!" cheered ortho.

vil held his transceiver tightly as he spoke, "colonel l/n, what's the first move?"

"now, as you can tell, leona's team and riddle's team started with water magic. that is because idia always attacks with fire first and i want you all to take it out or weaken his attack. now... vil, i'm giving you a little more time, so i'm letting rook go first," said f/n through the transceiver.

"as you wish, princesse du tonnerre," said rook as he aimed his magical pen towards idia, "i shall not disappoint."

— ❝splash of rain!

one powerful shot of water magic hit idia as it slightly weakened him, though it still gave him the chance to shoot an attack toward the pomefiore trio. 

with a single wave of her staff, f/n immediately protected the trio with a barrier as to prevent any injuries. vil sent his thanks through the transceiver as f/n added, "good work, rook. i need you to follow it up with fire magic, then vil shall use his own attacks."

"oui / roger," spoke rook and vil in unison. rook aimed his magical pen towards them once again as he said, "now..."

— ❝fire waves!

suddenly, a burst of fire surrounded idia and ortho as it weakened their state before the fire died down. idia was enraged as he threw another attack towards them as it slightly grazed rook and vil until f/n cast a barrier around the two to prevent more damage. 

vil immediately took this chance to use his two attacks as he held his spell book in his left hand.

— ❝cosmic rays!

a non-elemental attack shocked idia and ortho as idia groaned at them, "why are you getting in the way...?!" idia shot a fire attack towards vil as f/n, once again, shielded him. this may look unfair if they were playing a game, but this wasn't a game, so she would not risk an injury on any of these students.

of course, that doesn't mean she'd do the same for herself. after all, she did say she was willing to sacrifice anything for idia and ortho's safety. well, the humanoid ortho as the real one has already passed years ago. 

"vil!" called f/n through the transceiver, "unleash your final attack and step back! i will be dealing the final blow with my magic followed by the spear... if you three wish to assist with the spear, then that's alright, but wait for my signal."