✦ chapter fifteen.

ೃ༄ "damn it

ೃ༄ "damn it... to think that they got involved with that bastard!"
✧──────✧

the first years stood in the interior hallway as they checked for their names in the top 50 ranks. f/n scanned the list and saw malleus' name at the top, smiling proudly to herself as she congratulated him in her mind. she continued to scan more names and found hers somewhere in between the 34th and 40th. 'now the old woman will really have my head...' thought f/n.

"the top 50, finally! where's my name~" spoke grim as he scanned the list to find his and yuu's name, seeing as they are recorded as one student. "if my average is over 90, i should at least be in the rank, right?" questioned ace as he, too, scanned for his name. "rank 10... 20... none! 48, 49, 50... none! my name's not here!" exclaimed grim. deuce frowned as he spoke, "my name is not here too..." ace hummed as he scanned the list again, "wait a sec! their scores for each subject are written next to their names and uh... more than 30 of them scored a perfect 500, dude!!"

"p-perfect scores?!" exclaimed deuce and grim as they checked the list once again. "isn't that a little bit suspicious for more than 30 students to get a perfect 500?" questioned yuu. f/n sighed to herself and crossed her arms as she leaned on the wall with her eyes closed, choosing to just listen to their conversation instead. "more importantly... if i'm not in the top 50, i'll be violating the contract, yanno!" exclaimed grim.

f/n's ears perked up as soon as she heard grim's statement. she opened her eyes and glanced at her friends with furrowed brows, "contract?" ace had a surprised look on his face as he asked, "eh...? by contract, you mean... dude, did you?!" deuce raised a brow at ace as he spoke softly, "ace... with that look on your face, that means..." suddenly, an anemone had popped out on the top of their head. yuu and f/n's eyes widened at this before looking at each other in confusion.

"w-what's this?! there's an anemone on my head~~?!" exclaimed grim as he poked the anemone on his head. "d-did you make a contract with that guy too, grim?! that's cheating!" exclaimed deuce. "hah?! says the cheater! you have an anemone on your head too!" yelled ace as f/n sighed in disappointment. "what in the world did you guys do?" questioned yuu. "something stupid, that's for sure." answered f/n.

"i knew you'd all be here since it was so noisy. what are you doing?" asked jack as he suddenly appeared beside them. "jack, did you make a contr- there's no anemone in your head?!" questioned deuce. "you may not look like it, but you're actually pretty studious!" added ace. jack was confused as he furrowed his brows, "huh? what are you talking about? what is that thing on your head?"

"this is um...-wha?! what is happening?! the anemone is pulling me?!"

"owowowowowowow! my head is gonna get ripped!" yelled ace as he hissed in pain. "damn it...! is this what he meant by 'absolute submission'?!" exclaimed deuce. the three screamed as the anemone pulled them away to a different direction. "what's going on? those guys just followed where the anemone takes them. what an idiotic turnout," spoke jack. "let's go after them," said yuu before grabbing f/n's hand. "huh? why am i involved? i've got nothing to do with this," replied jack.