✦ chapter fourteen.

ೃ༄ "no matter what your parents say, miss l/n, i'm quite proud of you

ೃ༄ "no matter what your parents say, miss l/n, i'm quite proud of you."
✧──────✧

a week had passed since the dreadful finals and today was the day when everyone gets to see their results. however, they will be receiving their papers during their respective homeroom periods and homeroom was the last subject of the day for f/n.

right now, f/n stood in the botanical garden in front of the lamp blossoms that epel grew himself. they had a joint alchemy class with the other first year classes before lunch and they got partnered up with epel. "you grew these yourself? you're pretty amazing, felmier." epel hummed in delight and nodded at her in response. before f/n could grab the lamp blossom, another hand had snatched it. f/n turned her head to glare at the person who stole it and it was a savanaclaw second year student.

f/n had a bored look on her face as she said, "excuse me. we needed that." the savanaclaw student looked at epel and f/n before letting his tongue out as a way of mocking the two, "come and get it then." epel glared at the student and said, "give it back!! that is my lamp blossom! i've been taking good care of it and now its nectar is finally ready to harvest." the savanaclaw student still held onto the plant and replied, "well, thanks for taking such good care of it for us. you do know this garden is for all students to use. we need this plant too, y'know."

his friend agreed and said, "we heard you can sell it for a pile of madol." another friend of theirs added, "you two are first years, aren't you? we're second years, so that means you have to show your seniors some respect." f/n boorishly replied, "so? what's that got to do with this? just give the plant back to us and we won't have any problems." the savanaclaw students still had no intentions of giving back the plant, so epel threw dirt on their face before kicking their legs.

"damn, that hurts! you're playing dirty, y'know! don't think we're gonna go easy on you just because you got delicate features! go back to your pompous dorm and do some embroidery or something," spoke the savanaclaw student because harshly pushing epel off, making the first year fall to the ground. "ugh!" f/n immediately helped him up and glared at the students. before she could say anything, she heard some rustling before a familiar voice spoke.

"that's enough!"

the group turned their head to look towards the speaker. all of them but f/n widened their eyes as soon as they realized it was another diasomnia student. "crap! that's lilia vanrouge, vice dorm head of diasomnia!" exclaimed one of the students. "i also need that plant, mind handing it over? as you can see, i'm a third year and you guys are second years... aren't juniors supposed to respect their seniors?" spoke lilia. "huh?! this eavesdropper was listening to our conversation!"

"um... lilia-senpai, i'm handlin' th— no... this is my problem. i don't want you to interfere, and we're fine." f/n nodded as epel spoke. lilia chuckled as he said, "you all are no fun~ there's nothing wrong with relying on your seniors every once in a while. it will be terrible of me to just stand by and watch." f/n crossed her arms at lilia and said, "lil... really?" lilia merely smiled at her as the savanaclaw student spoke, "hmph, fine! if you want the damn flower so bad, try and take it from us!"