✦ chapter eighty four.

ೃ༄ "make a wish

ೃ༄ "make a wish."
✧──────✧

"...that's all for today's class. i have some final announcements i'd like to make. first of all..." trailed crewel. "fgnah... school's finally over. i was working really hard today," mumbled grim.

"uh no, you kept falling asleep over and over again ever since lunch. aren't you spoiling yourself a little bit too much?" replied ace. "weren't you sleeping too?" questioned yuu.

"what?! you were?" exclaimed grim as he glanced at ace. "hey, yuu! you don't have to tell him all the details!" responded ace, "yeah, i may have let my eyes rest for a little bit but i wasn't sleeping like he was!"

"they're both bad. now stop talking and just listen to professor crewel," scolded deuce. "you're so serious as always," remarked ace as he rolled his eyes. "sure, but his grades aren't any different than mine," spoke grim.

"s-shut up! that's not the point right now," exclaimed deuce. "silence! you puppies over there are causing a ruckus," scolded crewel as he whipped their table.

"sorry..."

"now then, as i was saying. after this, there will be a school assembly in the lecture hall. they will be explaining the "star send-off" which will be held one week from now, so everyone must be present. that'll do... everyone, head to lecture hall!" announced crewel before taking a glance at f/n, "miss l/n, you may go first for preparations."

f/n stood up and bowed lightly as they said, "yes, professor." the first year immediately left the room and entered the lecture hall. they stood at the front and waited for everyone to arrive.

they glanced at the papers before them and read the summary of the event as they waited.

soon, everyone has arrived and the room was erupted by murmurs. f/n sighed and mumbled, "they're too noisy..." the first year cleared their throat and clapped their hands to gather their attention, "silence, everyone!"

the room suddenly turned silent as they all eyed the acting headmaster. "since the headmaster is still not around, please allow me to be the one to oversee this assembly... let us start now, so listen up. i will be explaining what the star send-off is... then, i will announce the stargazers. after that, i will hand out everyone's wishing stars."

"the star send-off is a traditional event based on 'wish upon a star'. it is a famous legend about an old toy-maker who loved a wooden doll that he built. he wished for it to become a real boy, then his dream came true and the doll came to life. the star send-off is an event where people wish upon a star once a year, on the same day this old man made a wish. hence why, everyone needs a wishing star. once this wishing star has your wish, the last step is to hang them on a tree," spoke f/n, "...moving on to the announcing of stargazers."

the room once again erupted with chatters as the students discussed with one another. "...alright, everyone. pipe down, the stargazers' job is to collect everyone's wishing stars and hang them on the big tree in the woods behind the campus."