✦ chapter eighty one.

ೃ༄ "allow me

ೃ༄ "allow me."
✧──────✧

f/n was walking around the palace until their smartphone started vibrating inside their pocket. the diasomnia student grabbed the device and immediately answered the call, "lieutenant colonel l/n of briar valley's military forces speaking... state your name and business."

"heyyy, n/n... uh... it's yuu, i just borrowed ace's phone for a moment."

"ah hello, yuu. what's wrong? i'm not in my dorm, at the moment."

"oh... is that so... well, this is the problem... the temperature in the seven dormitories are different now! we tried to report to the headmaster, but he's not here! sebek told us that you and headmaster went back to briar valley for an emergency, so that's why i called..."

"temperature change? what do you mean? perhaps one of you made the fairies upset and stopped sourcing heat for the academy."

"i don't know about that... anyway, it's snowing in scarabia! it's really cold in savanaclaw, too. that's how weird it is."

"cold in dorms that are usually hot? that would mean dorms that are usually cold are suffering with scorching heat," mumbled f/n before staying silent for a moment.

"...yes... since the headmaster is with you, will you report this to him?" asked yuu.

"of course. i will call you back, yuu. stay put for a moment."

"yes, n/n! thanks!"

"no problem."

the call ended and f/n went to vincent's study. she knocked twice before opening the door and bowing at the three adults present in the room.

"headmaster crowley, there is an emergency at night raven college. it seems there is a sudden change of temperature in all seven dorms and the students have reached out to me to report this incident to you," spoke f/n.

"ah, is that so? goodness... i'm quite busy with preparations together with edward and vincent," mumbled crowley, "will you take care of this case for me? you are quite knowledgeable about night raven college's history, so i imagine you are quite well-versed with our facilities and equipment."

"...yes, i am. does this mean i will take your place for a while? won't a dorm leader be suited for that? i'm a first year," replied f/n.

"first year or not, you're fit for the job, my child! if anything happens that is out of your control, feel free to call me. you could say this is your training ground as well," responded crowley.

"alright, allow me to handle this case. thank you," spoke f/n as they bowed, "i shall be off now. i will return once the problem has been resolved."

"very well, child. go ahead," bid crowley as edward and vincent waved. "you got this, my child," spoke vincent. "discipline those rascals while you're at it," added edward.