✦ chapter twenty eight.

ೃ༄ "why is everything so weird today?"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

f/n was taking a short break from all the committee jobs that she was handling, so she decided to walk around the woods behind the campus to relax. the evergreen trees with shiny red apples was a sight worth seeing. she took a breath of the fresh air as she continued walking with her hands on her back. the sweet chirping of the birds felt like music to her ears as her hair rustled lightly from the breeze. it was a wonderful time to be alone and recollect her thoughts, as well as relax her nerves from all the stress she was getting.

her peaceful moment was ruined immediately as she heard a cry from someone nearby. she hid behind a tree and peeked to see what the commotion was.

"eek—! that sounds like leona-shi! S-S-SORRY!!! i didn't realize there was someone here! you see, i can't see a right now–..."

"ouch! oi, don't you suddenly jerk around like that, you pumpkin bastard! are you trying to yank off my tail or something?!"

"ah—! the tail?! oh no, i can't see a thing if i keep wearing this pumpkin..."

the pumpkin man in an armor took off the pumpkin on his head, revealing ignihyde's dorm leader, idia shroud. he observed leona's tail tangled up with the vines around his armor. leona clicked his tongue as soon as he realized who the culprit was, "tsk. it's you. you rarely ever show your face outside, but when you do, you always end up in trouble, hm. are you going to do something about this or what?"

f/n leaned on the tree as she watched the interaction unfold with amusement, 'an intimidating beastman and a socially awkward otaku, this will be interesting...' idia fumbled around as he tried to find a way to get leona's tail out, "w-wait, i'll get you out..." leona stayed silent as he watched idia helplessly try to think of a solution, slowly growing pissed as the time ticked. "aren't you just petting my tail here?" growled leona. idia then started mumbling things that were audible to leona and the hidden first year.

"psh, who is the one with more free limbs here? maybe cooperate a little, wouldn't that be nice? besides, there's no way you're supposed to laze around and nap in this place. and to start with, it's awful to block the road like this... you proud of your long legs or something? i didn't do anything bad, he should be apologizing to me."

f/n was surprised and amused from idia's little reaction, but stayed silent as she continued watching their interaction. "i can hear you," said leona, causing idia to shriek and cover up his little monologue by saying it was a joke. "... i know you're there, diasomnia brat." f/n sighed to herself and went out of her hiding spot, a blank expression present on her face, "looks like i was discovered so soon."

"e-eek?! f-f-f/n-cha— f/n-shi?! why are you here?! are you spying on us?!" panicked idia. "i was talking a stroll around the woods until i heard your voices," replied f/n, "so? what's going on with you two? need any help?" leona clicked his tongue and said, "we're fine. oi, radish sprout, do you have scissors or something?" idia grabbed his case and said, "o-oh, i do. i brought a set of repair tools just in case something broke so... w-wai—?!" leona grabbed the scissors from him and said, "i'll let it go this time."