✦ chapter ninety eight.

ೃ༄ "calm down

ೃ༄ "calm down."
✧──────✧

before the three could enter the meeting room, f/n's phone started vibrating in her pocket, causing her to pause. idia glanced at her as she said, "you and ortho go on ahead. i'll take this call."

"alright, n/n."

as soon as ortho and idia entered the room, f/n was left alone in the hallway as she whipped her phone out and answered the phone, "lieutenant colonel l/n speaking, how may i help you?"

"child, it's your father."

"oh. hey, dad."

"earlier, your uncle crowley was taken away by the s.t.y.x. ferrymen. something to do with the overblots of your academy. i assume you're in s.t.y.x. now?"

"yes, father. we have completed the tests successfully. all that's left is to run them over the lethe river."

"that's great. keep up the good work, my dear daughter. while you're there, you might want to test yourself, too. speaking as your father, i'm quite worried about your accumulation."

"i'm alright, dad. i don't need it..." mumbled f/n, finding it useless to bother idia and ortho into trying to test her dangerous accumulation of blot.

"...if you say so. idia knows about your situation, so you do not have to worry about him judging you."

"that's not what i'm afraid of... i just don't want to waste their time. besides, i'm responsible enough to make sure i won't overuse my magic."

"my child," trailed vincent, "it's not shameful to ask for help from time to time. idia and you are friends, no? i'm sure he will understand."

"fineeee..." groaned f/n, "you won't leave me alone until i say yes, anyway..."

"great! i'm only looking out for my darling daughter," replied vincent cheekily.

"you need to take care, too, father. you always talk about how you will die so soon and i will take over your duties as if you are hinting something."

vincent suddenly became quiet, causing f/n to blink as she checked on her phone, realizing that the call is still ongoing.

"...father? are you still there?"

"yes, child..." answered vincent, "...always remember that i love you so much, alright? if your responsibilities feel too heavy, my advice is to always ask for help. it is never a sign of weakness, my dear."

"...father, you are making me worried."

"ah, my apologies! i did not notice how much i took up your time! please, continue with your work, child. return to briar valley once you are done, alright?" spoke vincent, as if he was ignoring the topic earlier.