✦ chapter forty eight.

ೃ༄ "for being able to make mal smile

ೃ༄ "for being able to make mal smile."
✧──────✧

the first years are taking a short break from class. the room was noisy as the students chattered amongst their friends, while f/n sat quietly beside deuce. "h-hey, deuce... sounds like someone wants your attention in the hallway..." called a classmate of theirs. f/n glanced at the door to peek at the hallway, wondering who could be calling deuce that left a classmate of theirs looking all petrified. "me? who's looking for me?" asked deuce.

"it's... ah, ma... malleus draconia!"

"eeeh?!"

f/n sighed softly to herself and thought, 'why are people so afraid of mal? he's not a bad person...' the rest of the class were shocked as one exclaimed, "t-the malleus draconia?! the guy who is said to be one of the top five most powerful wizards in the world?!" another then spoke, "i heard that he's a descendant of the fae, just like l/n. and he can also turn into a fire-breathing dragon if you piss him off...! scary..." f/n clicked her tongue as she crossed her arms and mumbled, "cowards..."

"you've gotta be kidding... what's the dorm head of diasomnia doing in the first year classrooms?! you probably misheard, man! maybe he's looking for l/n!" remarked another student. "deuce..." trailed ace as he glanced at his friend, "you've got a super scary upperclassman looking for you, did you do something stupid again?" deuce immediately shook his head as he argued, "i can't think of anything! i can only imagine a... v-very small reason, though." ace nodded and said, "so there is something."

"he's looking for me specifically, so if i tried to get out of this... that would be pretty spineless. i'd lose my man card. i've got to overlook his status as diasomnia's dorm leader and settle this fair and square. time to face my fate," declared deuce. f/n still had their arms crossed as they looked at deuce with an annoyed expression and sighed, "deuce."

deuce flinched as he turned to look at f/n and rambled, "n-n/n! ah! sorry! i didn't mean to offend you! it hadn't crossed my mind that you and draconia-senpai are friends!" f/n raised a brow and said, "...relax. i just called out your name and you went all out."

f/n stood up and held their hand out towards deuce, "malleus isn't that bad. i can assure you he's not looking for trouble. if you don't trust what i say, then take my hand and come with me. i will accompany you." deuce gaped as he looked at f/n's hand before looking back at their face, nodding as he hesitantly took their hand. "if you say so... alright, let's go!" exclaimed deuce as he tried to toughen himself and walked out of the room with f/n.

"you came, spade. ah, n/n... you're here, too. you're classmates, that's good. then let's move to a quieter place, follow me."

...

the three walked to the courtyard as deuce spoke, "well then, draconia-senpai. we've come to a place where no one can see us... what do you want?" f/n and malleus stayed silent as f/n side eyed the first year and thought, 'deuce... i thought i told you he has no ill intentions...'