✦ chapter seventy two.

ೃ༄ "rejected!"✧──────✧

ೃ༄ "rejected!"
✧──────✧

the diasomnia first year stood beside crowley as they both inspected the candidates that yuu called over. "hm... they're all above 180 cm, that's for sure..." mumbled f/n, "each certainly has their own charm, too."

"trey, jack... jade, floyd... leona, vil, and seb..." called f/n as they eyed each candidate. "it was tough getting chased by ghosts, so this is where you all evacuated..." spoke trey. "i'm glad we have gathered now," added jade.

"...headmaster, potato wedge. what are you going to do with the seven of us?" asked vil. "you all will be the ones to court the ghost bride," replied crowley.

"cou—...?! what do you mean?" questioned jack. "please wait a minute," interjected riddle, "i feel like i'm abandoning my duties as a dorm leader if i let our vice dorm leader be alone to challenge this mission. headmaster, lady l/n, i volunteer too!"

"you can't, rosehearts-kun," responded crowley.

"eh?"

"the one thing these seven students have in common is... they are above 180 cm in height!!!" spoke crowley. "...that means... are you saying that i'm short?!" exclaimed the heartslabyul prefect.

"ahaha~ too bad for kingyo-chan and his lack of height~ should i share half of my tail?" teased floyd. "hard pass," responded riddle, "she'll pick her marriage partner based on their height? so even a man with a ludicrous personality like floyd is acceptable? ...she's really something!"

"there, there, riddle. height is one of a human's quirk," consoled trey. "i know that," mumbled riddle.

"right, right. kingyo-chan is fine to be small... huh?" spoke floyd as he looked around, "where's kingyo-chan? did he disappear?"

"huh? what do you mean, floy—..." trailed riddle as floyd landed his gaze on the prefect. "...ah, there he is! you were too small i couldn't see you!" spoke floyd.

riddle grew red in anger as he screech, causing the heartslabyul vice prefect to try and calm him down.

"the ghost bride is not someone who'd compromise, she always searched for her ideal pair. the conditions she wants for the groom vary widely from conspicuous to their physique... but most of her conditions are ambiguous. amidst that, the only sure point we have is the '180 cm or more height'. i'm happy with rosehearts-kun's enthusiasm, but it's for the plan to succeed. please step aside this time," spoke crowley.

"if the condition is their height, what about malleus? he's tall as well, why isn't he here?" asked vil.

'somehow, it's usually vil or kalim that ends up remembering malleus whenever he isn't around... they may be late to take note of his presence, but they still remember him...' thought f/n.

"malleus is a real prince. he'd surely succeed the proposal. ...but we can't have a rumor spreading around that the next king of briar valley is courting some random ghost, even if it was a lie. sebek here will do it instead of him, please let this case pass..." spoke lilia.