✦ chapter one hundred fifty two.

ೃ༄ "MY MAGIC! MY LIFESPAN! i will give it to you as much as you want!!"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

after what seemed like hours, silver and sebek, along with baul and lilia, finally reached the black scale castle — queen maleficia's castle. with a sigh of relief, lilia spoke, "we're finally here..."

yuu, on the other hand, seemed excited as he looked around, "woaaahh~ this is tsunotaro's hometown?"

lilia still held onto the egg, hugging it close to his chest as his weakened state caught the attention of the other soldiers. "don't worry about me! take... take this egg to the castle...!" commanded lilia, "please tell queen maleficia to prepare the cradle tower now... hurry!!!"

the soldiers nodded and quickly ran, while lilia crashed on the floor with heavy breaths. baul quickly came to his aid, calling for help as he ordered the rest to call for a doctor and prepare a treatment. however, lilia was adamant about not receiving treatment and even emphasized his requirement of returning to the grasslands.

"what are you saying?! it's too dangerous for you to return to the battlefield with your condition!" exclaimed baul before a bright flash blinded them for a split second and the sky in the east started to turn bright.

"wha...?"

while the rest were confused, lilia seemed shocked. his eyes widened as he whispered, "no... no! don't tell me this is..."

"the storm has stopped and the dark clouds have disappeared..." trailed sebek. "it's dawn..." added silver.

lilia's breath hitched, tears welling up in his eyes as he felt a sense of anger and grief, "ah... no... AHHHHH!!!!" the sense of impending doom seeped into his heart as he felt like he had forgotten how to breathe, getting down on his knees in disbelief as baul immediately knew what happened.

"no... this can't be!! how could this happen?!" exclaimed baul. confused, sebek asked, "baul-sama, what's the matter?!" a soft breath left baul's lips as he replied, "...meleanor-sama's magic has... disappeared..."

upon hearing this, silver and sebek's eyes widened as yuu's jaw dropped in shock. grim was also surprised. how could this be? why did she have to...

"meleanor...! MELEANOR...!!! IF I HAD MORE POWER, I WOULD HAVE FORCIBLY BROUGHT YOU BACK TO BLACK SCALE CASTLE!!!" screamed lilia in despair, his eyes held anger and pain as he hugged the egg even tighter, "why... why...! levan... i promised you too... i..."

heavy breaths left lilia's lips, tears flowing down his cheeks as he felt a wave of emotions filling up his nerves, "...DAMN IT!!!"

then, glowing green fiery spheres appeared before the group as one of them spoke in a rather aged voice, "how can this be... princess meleanor has returned to the stars..."

"she did not back away even when dealing with humans. how dignified. she truly is the pride of the descendants of the night," spoke the other fiery sphere. "rest in peace, dear child of the night," added the other.