✦ chapter one hundred five.

ೃ༄ "we did it!"✧──────✧

ೃ༄ "we did it!"
✧──────✧

f/n stayed silent throughout the whole walk as she was observing the area with her senses, listening closely to the littlest of sounds to predict what was going on in tartarus.

'i can hear several phantoms everywhere,' thought f/n, 'it's quite annoying to listen to their screeches over and over again... haaa... though, i can hear the rapid melting of the 12th layer... out of all the titans, i do believe the earth titan is the most difficult to defeat with its critical hits... plus it heals quickly... how bothersome...' 

f/n was taken away by her own thoughts as the pomefiore trio and yuu conversed about grim. f/n walked silently as she thought to herself, 'i wonder how leona and riddle are doing... '

"by the way, how did you guys meet each other?" asked epel. his question made f/n snap out of her thoughts as she glanced at the two pomefiore seniors.

"when you were talking about it at the ramshackle dorm, the charon broke in and i couldn't listen to it until the end, so i was curious about it..." added epel. 

"oh... speaking of this, i did say that before," replied vil, "but it's not a big deal, though."

"it would be more awkward to walk silently, so please?" pleaded yuu.

"hm, you're not wrong. then, i'll talk about it," responded vil, "the first time i talked to rook was a few months after we entered the school. the first impression wasn't good... ah."

vil paused in his tracks as his wide eyes landed on a door similar to the previous one they've seen, "look, it's the door of the next asylum."

"EHHHHH!?" yelled epel as he grew frustrated, "but you just started talking!!!"

"rather than my small talk, it's more important to get through all the asylums and reach the underworld!" replied vil, "i mean, sorry to break your expectations, but it's really just a simple story. if you're fine with that, i'll tell you after we get through the next asylum safely."

as the pomefiore trio and yuu walked to the door, f/n stayed back and watched them enter. before the door could close, vil turned to look at her and said, "are you not coming, my dear?"

"i might get injected with something again," replied f/n, "i'll stay out here and wait for you on the other side of the exit. do your best, everyone."

vil smiled as he nodded and said, "mhm. then, be careful..."

the trio and yuu entered the room as the door shut itself closed. f/n stood before the door for a few seconds before teleporting to the exit of the asylum, standing on the path that leads to the next layer. they stood silently as their eyes travelled everywhere, making sure nothing would sneak up on them or try to attack them unexpectedly.

"f/n-nee~"

a voice echoed through the area, causing f/n to look around. the voice was familiar to her despite the echoing effects, but she was no fool to fall for it.