✦ chapter forty.

ೃ༄ "innocent until proven guilty

ೃ༄ "innocent until proven guilty..."
✧──────✧

the group entered scarabia's lounge as azul walked towards kalim who was sitting nearby. f/n took this chance to glance at every nook and cranny of the dormitory to bask in its wonderful architecture. like lilia, f/n wanted to travel across different countries in twisted wonderland and one of those countries include sunshine lands. however, she wasn't able to travel around the world due to how busy she was.

"oh, azul? what brings you to the dorm?"

f/n's little observing session stopped as soon as she heard kalim's voice. she turned her head to look at the scarabia dorm head who was standing before them. "good morning... how are you faring today, kalim-san?" greeted azul with that same smile on his face. azul looked around to compliment the dormitory's beauty as he said, "scarabia is as wonderful as i remember! it is snowing outside, but it seems as if it's still summer here. this seems like a wonderful location to build a resort, don't you agree?" kalim blinked as he responded, "oh? i don't get it, but thanks for the compliment!"

"i have caught your magic carpet and i am here to return it," said azul. "eh? that guy escaped on his own again? sorry for the trouble!" replied kalim as his bright smile blinded them. azul brushed him off as he said, "no worries. by the way... i did not expect scarabia to spend their holidays at the dormitory." kalim nodded as he said, "yup! you guys aren't going home too?" azul hummed in response as he suggested, "that's right. what a funny coincidence! that's why i am here to suggest a joint training camp between scarabia and octavinelle to make the most of our time. of course, lady l/n will be here to act as... our instructor from time to time... and also train herself, if she so wishes to."

azul and f/n locked eyes for a moment as f/n raised a brow at him, 'instructor? i did not agree to this.' azul shrugged as he smiled at her as if he knew what she wanted to say before looking back at kalim, who was already busy looking at f/n with twinkling eyes. "really?! waaah! hello, f/n! we've met a lot before, but we never had the chance to have a friendly conversation!" f/n slowly nodded as she mumbled a greeting, "yes... hello, dorm leader asim." kalim let out a short laugh as he said, "no need for formalities! you can just call me kalim!"

"anyway," intervened azul, "i feel as if we have a lot to learn from the way you operate during holidays as well." kalim's attention was now on azul as he replied, "i like that! i have no objections to having you guys stay in our dorm too!" however, it looked like jamil had something else in mind. "i am against it, kalim." kalim looked at jamil and questioned why, seeing as there was no harm in letting them be a part of their training camp. jamil sighed as he answered, "we're training exactly because we need to catch up to other dorms, and then you're inviting another prefect to stay here? it's like inviting an enemy to our territory. not only that, they have l/n with them. if something were to happen to her while she's under our care, there will be a conflict between our nations."