✦ chapter forty one.

ೃ༄ "steal her powers instead

ೃ༄ "steal her powers instead."
✧──────✧

the next day has arrived and the group had put their "let jamil de-stress" plan into action. azul, jade, yuu, and grim were off to kalim's room to wake him up before jamil gets the chance to. f/n and floyd were partnered together to do the cooking for today's breakfast, and as much as f/n looks uninterested, she was glad she finally has the chance to taste and try to cook traditional cuisines from sunshine lands. perhaps, she will try making these for her four diasomnia friends in the future.

"excuse me..."

a scarabia resident turned around and greeted f/n with a wary smile, "y-yes? miss l/n...?" f/n remained pokerfaced and said, "if you would be so kind as to lend a hand as i cook up this dish... i am quite unfamiliar with it, so i require some assistance..." the scarabia resident nodded as he stood beside f/n and started helping her with the dish. he was a little tense, but he's slowly calming himself down since f/n wouldn't be unreasonable enough to curse him out of the blue. however, the fear still remains.

"so this soup naturally requires a lot of spices? hm, perhaps i should expand my repertoire... and make sure lilia doesn't get his hands on mine," spoke f/n as she intentionally mumbled the last part to herself. the scarabia student nodded as he continued instructing her, with floyd casually looking at their direction from time to time and even poking f/n's cheek while commenting on how catatonic she was. f/n answered blankly that she was merely concentrating in cooking today's breakfast.

jamil had arrived and saying he was surprised to see them preparing breakfast is an understatement. the two greeted the vice prefect a pleasant morning as jamil said, "g-good morning... i can't let guests work around in the dorm..." f/n resumed to her cooking while floyd brushed him off and said, "we are not exactly guests, we're your training buddies!" jamil then mentioned how kalim wouldn't eat another's cooking aside from his, making floyd offer him to taste test the meals for he was confident none had put poison in any of them. slowly, the students of scarabia started offering the meals that they made to jamil for taste testing.

jamil sighed as he gave in and took a bite of each meal, including one that f/n made together with the scarabia resident standing by her side. "by the way, did you prepare for the parade already? usually we eat after the march..." mentioned jamil. "actually!" azul's sudden appearance made jamil flinch as he turned to look at the prefect, "as octavinelle's dorm leader, i have made a proposal to kalim-san regarding the parades." jamil looked spooked more or less as he exclaimed, "wha— where'd you come from?!" azul ignored his question and continued, "instead of going for long-distance walks and doing aerobics... it is far more effective to do muscle training indoors. scarabia dorm's environment is very hot, so i was concerned about the heat stroke as well."

"you guys have a really big fountain outside, y'know? it's much more fun to swim around~" commented floyd. azul agreed and said, "indeed. based on my experience, swimming burns fat faster than walking." the scarabia residents glanced at each other as they started talking.