✦ chapter fifty nine.

ೃ༄ "my apologies

ೃ༄ "my apologies..."
✧──────✧

riddle, trey, grim, and yuu started talking about the fourth years of this campus and how there are plenty of job opportunities that they can take, while f/n just walked alongside them silently, occasionally drowning out their voices since the topic does not interest her all that much.

until her name was mentioned by them.

"do you work at the magical force, n/n?" asked yuu. f/n spared him a glance as they replied, "you mean those international organizations in police and fire departments composed of elite magicians?" yuu nodded in response as f/n continued, "no... i'm part of the royal knights... the military section, if you will." yuu nodded with his mouth formed in an 'o', as if he was amazed.

"briar valley is quite different to most countries here in twisted wonderland," added trey as they continued their conversation. "whoo~! if i become a great wizard someday, do ya think i can join the magical force thing, too?" asked grim. riddle blinked as he replied, "...i haven't heard of monsters being recruited, but... society is changing, as they say. as long as you put the effort in, i'd say you have a chance."

f/n drowned out their conversation once again and glanced at the stalls from afar, seeing some students fixing their booth before the opening of the festival. "that reminds me... our science club is hosting a greenhouse café this year. have you visited it yet?" spoke trey.

f/n turned to look at him with interest as they listened to the conversation escalate further. "a café?! does it have food?! i'll go!" exclaimed grim. "do you serve sweets right now?" asked f/n quietly, though it was loud enough for trey and riddle to hear. trey and riddle chuckled as the former replied, "yes... i can give you one serving to nibble on while we continue checking on other stalls."

"much appreciated. thank you," responded f/n as they all walked to the botanical garden. as soon as they arrived, several sets of tables spread across the area filled with beautiful decorations that complimented the beauty of the botanical garden even more. the science club members soon spotted five as they greeted trey.

"ah, it's trey-senpai!"

"thank you for your hard work!"

trey smiled as he greeted them back, "you too. sorry for having you help set up our shop."  the science club members shook their head as one replied, "it's the least we could do for all your help making the menu last night." the other hummed in agreement as they added, "rook-senpai was just timing his compliments with your hard work too."

trey chuckled and replied, "cultural art clubs seem to fit him more than the science club, huh? in any case, rook's working hard as a representative of our school for the vdc. don't forget to cheer him on too." the science club members nodded as they exclaimed, "yes!"

"i was wondering why the science club applied for a café, but… if you borrowed the garden, then it does offer great space. you’ve really thought this through," spoke riddle as he glanced at trey. "yeah. a place where many people can gather and relax was ideal, of course. the botanical garden is warm, and it’s the perfect place to rest after spending the day out in the cold. it’s spacious and can accommodate more people, so it will make money." replied trey.