✦ chapter one hundred twenty.

ೃ༄ "if there's anyone i want

ೃ༄ "if there's anyone i want... it's you."
✧──────✧

the first view f/n sees once she blinked her eyes open is a bright city filled with people in loose clothing to accommodate the sun's scorching heat. their eyes travelled to the tall date palm trees and the market stalls around the area, admiring the city's beauty. 

kalim stood beside her with a bright smile as he exclaimed, "aw yeah! the sun feels great!!! it really feels just like home!" 

"that's because we haven't had a chance to come back in a while," stated jamil. 

yuu placed his bags down and looked around the city as he said, "so this is the scalding sands! it's wonderful!"

the two heartslabyul students were admiring the view as well, while malleus stood on f/n's left and observed the surroundings. the sun's heat started to make f/n feel a little uncomfortable due to the fabric of her school uniform as she discreetly used a spell to cool herself off.

"this is where jamil and i were born. a city full of life, isn't it?" stated kalim. 

"it's really so much warmer compared to the weather back at school~ i could feel the sweat forming on my skin," commented cater as he started to fan himself. 

"in addition to the high temperature, the sunlight is also intense. please be careful not to get a heat stroke," said jamil, "the scalding sands have a tropical climate and a vast desert on top of that. the country is a peninsula, with the majority of its area facing the ocean. you can find row after row of luxury housing, resorts, and hotels built by the coast. this city is in the central region of the scalding sands, and it is undeniably popular with both locals and tourists as a destination."

malleus' eyes trailed to the tourists around the area as he spoke, "that seems to be true. i see many who are holding maps around us."

"that must be the tourist guidebook. everyone looks so refreshed in their short-sleeved shirts," said cater as he continued fanning himself. 

"kalim, jamil, may we know where we are right now?" questioned f/n.

"we are currently in 'silk city', my lady," replied jamil.

"this is the city we were born in!" added kalim as he beamed at her.

"oooh," voiced cater as he looked at the guidebook, "so this is silk city. it's featured in the guidebook too. it really lives up to its rep of having buildings made of white stone. it's so pretty~ time for a snap!"

cater brought up his phone and started taking pictures of the area. jamil then started talking about the city and how the buildings in the country are made of stones. trey and the rest were listening to his words as cater kept complimenting the place. kalim, on the other hand, spoke about the fine food of the country, especially their famous seafood.