✦ chapter twenty seven.

ೃ༄ "someone got defensive~"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

it was the next day and the first years were on their homeroom class. crewel started with the attendance, counting the number of students present in the class before proceeding with his announcement. "i have something important to announce. i'm sure you all know, there is one month left until halloween arrives." upon mentioning halloween, the class erupted with murmurs, laughs, and cheers, indicating the class was excited for the upcoming event.

"halloween is going to arrive soon, i've been waiting for this!"

"i've always dreamed of spending halloween in night raven college!"

grim looked around as everyone started talking amongst themselves, "everyone became so excited after hearing the word of halloween! just like lilia, f/n, and the ghosts said yesterday, halloween is really a special day!" ace suddenly caught the attention of the two ramshackle residents, "hey. i saw a glance of your dorm this morning and your dorm really turned into a different place..." deuce hummed in agreement as he peeked at the diasomnia first year before looking back at yuu, "draconia-senpai, vanrouge-senpai, and n/n seem to be doing their best for this event."

yuu nodded as he said, "really feels like halloween, right?" ace smiled at the prefect and said, "well, isn't that great? i'm glad you're enjoying yourself. since halloween is meant to be flashy..." deuce caught on what ace wanted to say and said, "ah, yes... yuu, have you bought a pumpkin used to decorate your room? the mystery shop is selling it now and they are in good shape, you should buy it fast." ace hummed in agreement as he exclaimed, "halloween wouldn't be complete without a jack-o-lantern~"

"ace and deuce seem to be having fun too, are you guys excited for halloween?" asked grim. ace nodded as he replied, "of course. there's no one who wouldn't get excited over halloween, right, n/n~?" ace's attention shifted to the diasomnia first year who was quietly sitting by herself, listening to the conversation. her brows creased as she eyed ace, "why am i apart of this?" ace beamed at her as he replied, "well, you're awfully quiet and i didn't want to make you feel left out!"

'...huh, ace is being weird around me a lot...' thought f/n before nodding hesitantly. "right..." mumbled the diasomnia first year. "even the introverted students of ignihyde will also come out and celebrate together... right, serious deuce?" continued ace. deuce sighed to himself before responding, "i-it is the day where we don't have to restrain ourselves. we can even dress up in nice costumes... in twisted wonderland, everyone will enjoy halloween together, no matter if you're an adult or a child."

murmurs across the room still continued, causing the professor to whip up his cord and gather their attention. "stay! be quiet! don't make a big fuss about this just because it's your first time spending halloween in this school. didn't i discipline you guys before? listen up. halloween is a very important event for twisted wonderland. one week before halloween is known as the 'halloween week', students of this academy will become the main part of this event and a stamp rally for people outside the campus will be held. every dorm should choose a place in the campus as the venue for the stamp rally, they have to decorate the venue too. the most important thing is everyone outside this academy have the right to participate in this event."