✦ chapter eighty three.

ೃ༄ "do your best

ೃ༄ "do your best."
✧──────✧

it was the day of the event as f/n visited pomefiore to check on the infiltrate team. the acting headmaster knocked on the ballroom's door before opening it and meeting with the group.

"greetings, students. ah, beau roi, professor crewel, hello..."

vil and crewel nodded at the acting headmaster as a greeting before f/n glanced at the infiltrate team. their eyes widened upon seeing their current appearance, "oh... wow... you all look wonderful..."

"aww, f/n thinks we're gorgeous!" cheered kalim as he smiled at the acting headmaster. "are you interested in me now, diasomnia brat?" asked leona as he planted a kiss on the back of her hand.

"hah~ you wish, darling~" replied f/n as they stuck their tongue out at him. "leona-san~ stop bothering miss f/n," spoke ruggie as he gently pulled the acting headmaster away from leona.

"ha?! i'm not bothering her," responded leona as he glared at the hyena. f/n cleared their throat to gather their attention and said, "i came here to check on you. it seems you all are ready. today is the start of fairy gala... go and do your best."

"yes, ma'am!"

...

vil, crewel, and f/n walked down the main street as the infiltrate team headed to the botanical garden. crewel was on his way back to the faculty room as vil and f/n conversed.

"well, acting headmaster, how are you faring?" asked the pomefiore dorm head. "beau roi... you don't have to call me that," replied f/n. "hm? then, how do you want me to address you?" asked vil.

"the usual way you would address me... you would always call me your queen, no?" responded f/n. "is that what you want? fufu, alright... my queen," spoke vil as he held her hand.

crewel eyed the two before he spoke, "nuh-uh, no. just because the headmaster is not here, doesn't mean you're free to flirt with this puppy."

...

f/n sat on the headmaster's desk once again, this time she was accompanied by vil. "it's quite cold in this office..." mumbled vil, "it's a nice change, considering how hot my dormitory is right now."

"feel free to stay until you're satisfied, mon beau roi," spoke f/n while writing on some documents.

"i plan to stay until you're done with your task," replied vil as he eyed the acting headmaster, "...mein liebling."

f/n lightly blushed at the endearing nickname as they continued writing on the documents, "you might get bored staring at me do all this paperwork..."

"you only have one paperwork left, potato wedge," remarked vil as he glanced at the desk, "i'll make some smoothies for us to drink after your work. i'll be in the cafeteria kitchen, i'll return before you know it."

"alright, beau roi."

...

hours later and it was nearing dusk, the pomefiore dorm head and the acting headmaster sipped on their smoothies as they walked down the main street with professor crewel. the infiltrate team had finished their job and they executed the fashion show beautifully, seeing as they were watching the show on a drone provided by idia.

"n/n!" called yuu as soon as he landed his eyes on the acting headmaster. f/n waved at him as they stood before the group, "you all did amazing..."

"yes, fufu... they deserve a reward," remarked crewel. ruggie's eyes lit up as he said, "reward?! what kind?!" crewel smiled as he replied, "well... it's your next costumes!"

"..."

"..."

"...eh?"

"what do you mean next?" asked grim as he blinked at the alchemy professor. "after watching your performance, we knew it would be a waste to let your talents go. we shall prepare for your next show. ruggie, grim, and yuu should be added to the modeling to create more excitement," replied vil, "...you will be performing on twisted wonderland's biggest fashion show!!!"

"WHAT?!" exclaimed the members of the infiltrate team, "NO WAY ARE WE DOING THAT!!!"

f/n chuckled as they sipped on their smoothie before replying, "why not? you did well back there... leona especially caught everyone's attention. his charming and powerful aura matched with gorgeous clothing and that sparkle of pixie dust naturally makes them feel drawn to him."

"oh? don't tell me you're interested in me now," spoke leona. f/n snickered as they said, "so persistent~ alright, head back to your dorms now. you need some rest... oh, please hand the gem to me."

"ah, right! here you go, acting headmaster~" cooed ruggie as he giggled and handed the gem to the first year. "thank you, ruggie," spoke the diasomnia student as they grabbed the gem from him.

"well... see you tomorrow, everyone!" bid yuu as he waved at the rest, "see you, n/n!"

"yes, see you tomorrow..."

...

a sigh of relief escaped the diasomnia student's lips as they placed the magic gem back on its original place. the temperature returned back to normal and they have finished all the available paperworks at the moment, which means it was time to rest.

'i must head back to briar valley since i promised them i will do so once the problem is resolved... but at the same time, i'm the one taking the headmaster's place for a while... with both of us gone, this might end up in a disaster...' thought f/n.

suddenly, their phone started vibrating in their pocket. the diasomnia student grabbed their smartphone and answered the call, "salutations... lady l/n speaking..."

"my beloved niece! please stay at night raven for a while, i will be the one to handle your situation as i explain it to edward and vincent. i'll let you know the details once i return in a week, bye~"

the call immediately ended, giving no chance for the diasomnia student to reply at all.

"alright, unc—...ah, he hung up..." sighed the first year, "looks like i'm the headmaster for now..."

✧──────✧

mon beau roi - my handsome king

mein liebling - my darling