✦ chapter eighty seven.

ೃ༄ "tomorrow at the ramshackle dorm

ೃ༄ "tomorrow at the ramshackle dorm."
✧──────✧

a few days have passed since they collected all the stars and it was finally the day of the event. f/n stood before the large tree in the woods behind the campus with a hand holding their chin, "the tree has been decorated... the stargazers have prepared their performance..."

"n/n," called yuu, "what are you doing?"

"checking if everything is prepared... the event is about to start," spoke f/n, "i'm nervous, actually..."

"eh? why is that?" asked yuu. "this is the first school event that i prepared as the acting headmaster, so i do not feel confident about this," replied f/n.

"you were there during the fairy gala event, though..." responded yuu. "that wasn't a school event," spoke f/n, "...but, i do understand what you mean."

"don't worry about it, n/n. everything is great... i mean, it was you who guided us," said yuu as he glanced at f/n with a smile, "you're doing great. there's no need to be nervous."

f/n glanced at the ramshackle prefect before smiling lightly and nodding, "...hm... thanks, child."

"...child?" questioned yuu, "...aren't... aren't we the same age, n/n?" a chuckle left f/n's lips as they replied, "are we? that's up to you to decide."

"that really doesn't answer my question, n/n! are you implying that we're not?" asked yuu. "hmm... i will only tell you if you guessed correctly," replied f/n.

"okay, um... you're 16!"

silence.

"...okay, no... uh, 17!"

silence.

"18?"

silence.

"..................n/n... don't tell me you're just like leona! you're 20, aren't you?" questioned yuu. f/n tried not to laugh as they answered, "no... i'm not 20."

"...pfft, n/n, come onnn... you're making yourself sound like you're a hundred or thousand years old..." spoke yuu as he lightly laughed. f/n merely smiled, causing yuu's laughter to die down and just stare at the diasomnia first year with wide eyes.

"...oh my gosh, are you actually a hundred or thousand years old?" asked yuu. "fufu... am i? oh, look at that... the weather is looking bad," spoke f/n as they looked up, ignoring yuu's question.

"you're ignoring my question~" said yuu as he frowned, "...but, yeah. the weather is bad..."

"oh, dear. i do not want to cancel the ritual after all we've been through, but everyone's safety is our priority here," spoke f/n. trey, deuce, and grim walked towards them as trey said, "acting headmaster! it looks like it's about to rain, will we be able to carry out the ritual?"