✦ chapter ninety seven.

note: before i continue, i urge you to step away for a while if you have not read or reached chapter 6 (ignihyde's arc) of twst

note: before i continue, i urge you to step away for a while if you have not read or reached chapter 6 (ignihyde's arc) of twst. this is a warning. i'm not sure if others have reached this point in the game, so my apologies for not placing a warning when i first started this arc.

there are certain things in this arc that are hard to understand if you have not reached that point in the game yet.

so, once again, we are running through IGNIHYDE'S ARC at the moment. please proceed with caution if you decided to stay even if you haven't read chapter 6.

✧──────✧

ೃ༄ "the freedom you desire..."
✧──────✧

idia had an arm wrapped around f/n's shoulder as they walked back to the control room. thankfully, there are no other operators present as idia did not want to face the embarrassment of s.t.y.x. members seeing the two so close.

the deputy director started running the tests for subject f as f/n stood by and assisted him from time to time. minutes have passed by, and ortho entered the room with a smile.

"hello, nii-san, nee-san! how are the tests of subject f?"

f/n turned around to meet with ortho's gaze as she replied, "hello, dear child. we just finished the tests of the battle simulator. um... everything about him is really weak... however, we did find results, which is that subject f is a combination of magical beasts and... some sort of animal."

"mhm... he has the same thinking ability as a human. just as we see, he has weak magical capabilities, and... the accumulation of blot might be incredibly high," added idia.

"might be...? it's not something you would usually say, what does it mean?" questioned ortho.

"well... when we try to measure the exact blot accumulation, the numbers go crazy, which is similar to the subjects that have turned to phantoms. if the blot accumulation keeps rising, it will pass the digit of the red zone, but... it immediately turns to zero the next moment," answered f/n, "the blot care at the healing room didn't affect him at all. take a look at this."

f/n tapped on some buttons before showing the cctv footage in grim's room, together with the data representation on the side of the footage. grim was lying asleep as he started sleep talking, "zzz... yuu, give me the dessert... zzz..."

"he is sleeping comfortably, and all the numbers are stable," remarked ortho as he looked at the monitor.

"right? i'm surprised he could sleep like a log after getting kidnapped by a secret organization," retorted idia, "it's not something that the temporary boss of the mystery organization should say. n/n and i did a lot of examinations other than the battle simulator, and there's one thing we know..."