✦ chapter fifty six.

ೃ༄ "impress me

ೃ༄ "impress me."
✧──────✧

yuu, grim, and f/n stood behind deuce as they finally spotted him by the dormitory gates. yuu let out a sigh of relief as he said, "we finally found you." grim motioned for yuu to hand the water bottle to deuce as he said, "your kind manager here has brought you a drink."

"are you alright now, deuce?" asked f/n as deuce turned around to meet with their gazes. he grabbed the water bottle from yuu as he spoke, "yuu... grim... and even n/n? sorry for running off like that." grim crossed his arms as he grumbled, "really. if you guys don't win, i can say goodbye to my canned tuna paradise, yanno? so you and epel should get it together and head back to rehearsals."

deuce let out a short laugh as he replied, "you're unbreakable as ever. i'm kinda jealous." grim blinked as he asked, "why are you so fixated on vil and epel's argument in the first place? even i can tell it was a tough nut to crack."

"true. i know that i did something stupid. but, i've been so drawn to epel ever since we met him by the well at the courtyard... i think it's because we're both similar," replied deuce.

"what? you and epel? you guys don't even look or think alike," remarked grim. "i can't quite explain it, but... we're both people who want to change but can't change... and because we don't know how to go about it, we're stuck at a standstill. ah, damn it...! it's just like ace said. i'm dumb and slow so i can't explain it properly. this is so frustrating...!"

"that frustration is but a youth's folly, monsieur spade!"

"what's up?! come on, cheer up!"

f/n's gaze landed rook and kalim as the two practically startled deuce and grim due to their sudden appearance. "t-that shocked me! what are you doing in here, hunt-senpai? asim-senpai, too." questioned deuce. "dance lessons are about to start again, so we came to check on you." replied kalim.

"do you think you can go back with us now?" asked rook. "would it be alright for me to return...?" questioned deuce as he looked at his two seniors. "huh? of course!" answered kalim.

"just like schoenheit-senpai said, i am aware that i'm holding you all back. i know i should do my best now that i'm part of the team, but at this rate..." trailed deuce.

"do not falter, monsieur spade. you are still little birds inside their eggs. deciding your own limits before you break out from your shell is simply nonsensical. you will never be able to obtain a beautiful voice and strong wings if you keep cowering inside your shell," replied rook as he consoled the first year.

"you will be fine. i can hear it properly, you see? i can hear all the noises that you make as you try your best to break through your hard shells. did you know? In order for little birds to be able to break out of their shells, they possess a strong horn-like protuberance called an egg tooth. but, as they grow older, they lose their egg tooth. here is my point— you all have something special that only you are capable of doing. you possess 'power,' too. i am— no, i am sure that even vil is looking forward to seeing that. we are simply waiting for you all to break out of your shells," elucidated rook.