✦ chapter thirty four.

ೃ༄ "

ೃ༄ "...this may seem too heavy for me to promise..."
✧──────✧

two days after the halloween party and it was back to class. f/n accompanied silver to the mystery shop to buy something to get rid of his drowsiness, even if it's just for a while. silver looked around the shop to look for something that'll be useful to him, while f/n stood still nearby him as her memory drifted back to the late night halloween party. the halloween party in the other dimension, the halloween party that had its time frozen at 11:59, stuck in october 31.

while she was involved with the preparations, she had not realized that they haven't conveyed the message to the rest of the students clearly. she felt like the entire event was one big misunderstanding on their part, the halloween terminate team's part, and the ghosts' part. in the end, they had fun in the party and that's all that matters now. however, f/n can't help but think about that time when silver was venting his realizations to cater and jamil during the party.

'there may come a day where father— lilia-senpai and malleus-sama will disappear in my life without a warning... even f/n... there may come a day where she just... leaves...'

'when that thought occurred to me, i was so scared that i couldn't do anything...'

'that's because i never thought that the day would come where i would part with them.'

'while we were travelling, i was so desperate to find f/n, lilia-senpai, and malleus-sama. that's why i did not have the need to think of anything else. however, as soon as i relaxed myself...'

'i remembered that moment lilia-senpai and malleus-sama stood before us as the "enemy", even f/n was standing alongside them...'

'being unable to meet each other again due to going separate ways from each other, or life coming to an end... i had believed that to be our "farewell"... but it is not just that. fighting against the three of them... i acknowledge that such a form of parting is also possible for us.'

'if n/n, lilia-senpai, and malleus-sama were to use all of their strength, there would be no way that we could win. but even so, the reason i unsheathed my sword was... because i had believed that the three of them were manipulated by someone. my sense of duty to bring them back to their old selves was my only priority. however, if lilia-senpai, malleus-sama, and even f/n were to choose to be our enemies on their own will...'

'will i be able to fight them? will i be able to point my sword at them...?'

'somewhere in my heart, i had decided that peaceful time we had would last forever... i had never even given it a thought that i would experience parting...'

as she drowned herself in her own thoughts, silver noticed her aura was a little depressed. he grabbed the item he was looking for before walking towards the lady standing frozen in place, hugging her arms while staring at the floor. her eyes almost welled up with tears, and her head was down. silver placed a hand on her shoulder, startling the first year. f/n flinched as she looked at silver with wide eyes, before relaxing for a bit and blinking her tears away.