✦ chapter forty four.

ೃ༄ "greetings, rosehearts

ೃ༄ "greetings, rosehearts."

✧──────✧

f/n was instructing a new set of recruits once again, sighing out every once in a while since she wanted to take a short break. while she was sending out detailed instructions to the troops, her father walked into the camp and stood behind her. the troops froze and immediately stood straight and saluted. f/n raised a brow before turning around to meet with her father's authoritative gaze. she had the same look on her face as she saluted at him, "major general l/n. what brings you here?"

"you're all doing great. please continue with your training, i shall borrow lieutenant colonel l/n for a while."

the troops saluted once again and continued with their training. f/n and vincent walked further away from the camp as f/n asked, "what is it?" vincent did not turn to look at f/n, but he had a smile on his face. "we are going back for a short visit to the queendom of roses. prepare your bags." f/n whipped her head towards vincent and said, "what?! why are we leaving so soon?! there are still a lot of troops to take care of..." vincent shook his head and said, "other officers are happy to take over for a while. i have the permission of the queen and the young prince. we are visiting the queendom of roses for a patrol, my dear."

"a patrol, really? queendom of roses has their own military base and security forces, i do not think it is best that we interfere." vincent chuckled and said, "but my dear, we command their military base and security forces." f/n's eyes widened as she felt the information was too heavy for her to process, "what...? so that means...?"

vincent nodded to confirm and said, "that's right. when i am gone, you will be the one to command all forces in queendom of roses and briar valley, we are planning to expand our family's authority to the other nations soon." f/n then replied, "...what about the land of grief?" vincent hummed and said, "to some degree, you have an authority over there. however, the s.t.y.x. organization is the sole exception. we have no power over them, they are a private organization."

f/n was silent for a while before commenting, "that's... a lot of responsibilities... you really think i can do it?" vincent glanced at his eldest daughter and said, "have faith in yourself, my child. you are already an exceptional officer and you have the young prince's trust." f/n slowly nodded and sighed, "all the more reason for mother and aelyn to torment me." vincent sighed and patted her back, "do not worry. they won't go as far as trying to assassinate you. now go, pack your bags. make sure to bid the young prince goodbye~ you two will certainly miss each other a lot."

"FATHER!!!"

...

f/n's bags were suspended into the air as it followed her with every step she takes. she will only be accompanied by her father, seeing as her mother and aelyn do not have the permission to travel with them. malleus, lilia, silver, and sebek stood nearby the staircase as they watched the first year walk down the steps. f/n glanced at them and asked, "why are you all crowded in here?" lilia immediately wrapped his arms around f/n and said, "we'll miss you!"