✦ chapter eighty eight.

"stay inside

"stay inside."
✧──────✧

a few hours after lounging around in diasomnia's common room, the four retreated to their bedrooms while malleus went out on his usual nightly strolls. f/n silently laid on their bed, though they had no desire to fall asleep.

their short silence was interrupted by a call from deuce. the diasomnia student picked up the call and said, "yes, deuce? it's quite late, shouldn't you be asleep?"

"n/n!"

deuce's panicked voice rang through f/n's ears as he continued, "yuu is hurt! grim is missing! headmaster crowley still isn't here, we need you!"

as soon as f/n heard deuce's words, her stomach dropped as she felt a heavy weight of dread drop on her shoulders all at once. her face turned pale as she meekly uttered, "i'll... i'll be there..."

the diasomnia student ended the call and immediately teleported to ramshackle, where she was greeted by a frantic ace and deuce and an injured yuu. her eyes widened as she immediately dropped to her knees beside the magicless prefect and said, "what happened?! where's grim?!"

"n/n! i'm so glad you're here," exclaimed yuu as he hugged the diasomnia prefect. "no, no. no time to celebrate! you're bleeding!" spoke f/n, "ace, deuce, please grab the first-aid kit!"

"on it!"

"n/n, relax. it's alright. it's not that bad," consoled yuu. f/n glanced at his bleeding arm and said, "that wound says otherwise."

red painted the magicless student's forearm as it dripped down on the wooden floors of ramshackle's lounge. the wound was deep enough that it was cut open, almost revealing the pinkish flesh underneath.

"...this wound seems like it was caused by an animal claw," spoke f/n as she wiped the blood on yuu's arm, "...you haven't answered my question earlier, honey. where's grim?"

yuu was unable to utter a response as he pursed his lips together. luckily, ace and deuce were nearby as they handed the first-aid kit to f/n. the diasomnia student grabbed it from them and started aiding the magicless prefect, "it's late at night, so our school nurse is asleep. this will do for now, but i want you to visit the school clinic tomorrow, alright?"

"yes, n/n..."

f/n glanced at ace and deuce as she asked, "are you two alright? no injuries?" the two heartslabyul students shook their heads as f/n continued, "what happened? why is no one telling me where grim is?"

"...i think yuu is the only one who can give you a proper answer," answered ace. f/n turned her head to look at the ramshackle prefect as yuu sighed, "...grim attacked me. i went to look for him after i had a talk with mickey. then, i found grim in the coliseum and it was like he had a sudden personality change, then he attacked me."