✦ chapter one hundred thirty one.

ೃ༄ "you look exquisite

ೃ༄ "you look exquisite..."
✧──────✧

"...A GARGOYLE!!!"

the rest of the group turned to look at the three diasomnia students as azul raised his brow, "what's wrong, diasomnia? is a gargoyle worth cheering on about?"

"it's an joyous occasion!" exclaimed f/n, "right, seb?"

"mhm!" hummed sebek in agreement, "malleus-sama is the head of the gargoyle research club!!!"

"if he sees this gargoyle, i am sure he will be pleased," added silver.

idia sighed as he mumbled, "you say he's the head of the club... but he's the only member there..." f/n softly landed a hit on his chest as she said, "hush, idia. he's still the head of the club." idia shrugged as he pinched her cheeks, "whatever you say~"

"i must let him know...! MALLEUS-SAMA———!!!"

malleus turned around to look at the three smiling diasomnia students as sebek spoke, "look here! it is one of the gargoyles that you so love to gaze at, my lord! please take a look!"

the diasomnia dorm head pouted as soon as he laid eyes on the gargoyle. sebek panicked as he exclaimed, "h-huh...?! not much of a reaction..."

malleus placed his hands on his hips and said, "this thing does not function as a gutter. it's just a decoration above the banister, isn't it? meaning this is not a gargoyle, it's just a statue... a grotesque. do not lump it in with gargoyles."

azul blinked at malleus' sudden words and said, "eh...? that attention to detail...!" idia snickered as he spoke, "malleus-shi is the type of guy to pay attention to little things... so relatable."

f/n, once again, landed a soft hit on his arm as idia laughed at her reaction. azul rolled his eyes at their little banter as idia continued, "come on, n/n. even i can't deal with the misspelling of star rogue's barrier to barriar."

azul sighed and whispered, "picky people are so difficult to deal with... but it is quite dirty. this gargo— no, this grotesque has dead plants in its mouth."

"...take them off. it might actually be a gargoyle," said f/n as she eyed the gargoyle.

"plants in its mouth?" questioned malleus in disbelief as he took off the dead plants, "...you're right. there are dead plants in there, and... is this a bird's nest?"

silver hummed as he leaned to check the nest, "so it seems... sorry, birds. may we see inside?" the birds somehow listened to silver as they moved away and allowed them to look inside, "...yeah. the statue is hollow inside. this is where the bird made its nest."

"it's hollow...?" questioned malleus as f/n slowly felt his aura getting a little brighter. sebek checked the statue and said, "yeah, it looks like there is a path in its mouth..."