✦ chapter sixty seven.

ೃ༄ "you and only you

ೃ༄ "you and only you..."
✧──────✧

it was late at night and there are only two days left before the happy beans day event. f/n was strolling around the dormitory, the feeling of drowsiness not taking over her senses.

"enjoying the interior design of our dorm?"

f/n turned around and was met with sharp, green eyes staring back at her. f/n hummed in response and said, "mhm... i've been here for a few months now, but i did not have the chance to appreciate the design of the dormitory." malleus nodded and stood beside her as they walked around, "may i stroll around with you?"

f/n raised a brow and replied, "...why are you asking for permission? of course, you can. where do you want to go?" malleus hummed and said, "i want to show you the gargoyles in this campus. let's head to main street." f/n nodded before the two disappeared on their spot and teleported to the main street of night raven college.

"oh, there are quite a lot of gargoyles in this area..." mumbled f/n as she eyed each statue. "yes... well, take a look at the entrance to the east building. there is a crow themed gargoyle above the gate. they are actually quite the rarity, you see." spoke malleus.

f/n turned to look at the said statue and said, "oh my, i have never seen a gargoyle like this before." malleus hummed and replied, "so do i, which is why it is quite rare. now, take a look at the main building."

"there's a lot of gargoyles over there..." remarked f/n. "yes, certain gargoyles in the area are newer depending on the building's history. my guess is that they were added one at a time after each building completed construction." responded the dorm head.

"fascinating... so if we take a look at it in order, we can see a glimpse of its history..." mumbled the first year. "precisely," replied malleus. f/n turned to look at the dragon fae and said, "you know, mal... i could listen to you talk about your interests all day." malleus' eyes widened for a split second before smiling at the first year, "...i'm glad. your turn, then. what is something you find fascinating during your stay in night raven college?"

"my turn? fufu, well... i wasn't aware we are exchanging information about our interests. very well... what i find fascinating, you say?" spoke f/n before placing a finger on her chin, silence overtaking the two. "...first of all, the library. they have a section for mystery novels, despite being an academic library. however, they do not have 'the adventures of the consulting detective*'." remarked the first year as she glanced at the dorm head.

"ah, that was your favorite book... or series, rather. there were a lot of volumes featuring the same characters," responded malleus. "mhm... i heard it was a famous story, so i thought even night raven college would have a copy of it." answered f/n before frowning. malleus chuckled and ruffled her hair, "i'll buy several copies of different volumes for you, then."