✦ chapter one hundred twenty three.

ೃ༄ "where are malleus and f/n?"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

f/n was silently walking beside najma as the rest had their conversation about dates, until a shop owner caught their attention.

"hey, jamil! i haven't seen you in a long time!" exclaimed the shop owner.

jamil looked nervous as he greeted back, "h-hi! ...long time no see..."

"are you buying something? don't cause any trouble again~"

cater glanced at the rest as he questioned, "trouble...?"

jamil groaned as he mumbled, "are we still talking about that? it's a story from the past..."

"jamil-kun... what are you guys talking about?" questioned cater.

jamil shook his head and brushed off the topic, but the shop owner had another thing going on in his mind.

"it's nothing."

"well..."

"stop! you might say something unnecessary! i would rather tell them myself," panicked jamil, "ahem... actually... i have caused some trouble before..."

the rest stared at him with a blank face as trey spoke, "you did?" cater hummed and added, "hard to believe that, since you're always cautious."

"mhm, what exactly happened?"

jamil was silent for a while before he finally started speaking, "...i loved to eat dates when i was a kid. i would always visit this shop with najma to buy some, but one day... i discovered something else was in the packet............. IT'S AN INSECT!!!!!!!!!"

"...insect...?"

"that damned bastard looked at me innocently," spoke jamil, "it might have thought of itself as one of the dates as it slowly crawled onto my hand......... i got so surprised that i accidentally cast out my magic."

"what kind of magic?" asked cater.

"...fire..."

the shop owner let out a short laugh and said, "he burnt down the canopy of my stall when he was getting rid of the bug."

cater was surprised, to say the least, as jamil tried to defend himself, "i was a kid back then!! i don't know how to control my magic!"

"i'm glad he didn't burn anything else, but we had a hard time trying to calm jamil down. he wouldn't stop crying!" added the shop owner.

suddenly, the rest of the students had a smirk on their face as they thought about teasing jamil about it.

"oh~?" voiced cater.

"he did~?" added trey.

"that happened when i was a kid!!!" exclaimed jamil.

"you're still a kid now," spoke malleus.