✦ chapter forty three.

ೃ༄ "i owe you a lot

ೃ༄ "i owe you a lot..."
✧──────✧

the atmosphere was heavy as jamil sent out orders to the brainwashed scarabia students, "bring me all the food and drinks! let us have a celebratory feast! the stupid king is gone and we need to celebrate the rightful ruler!"

f/n had her hands chained to jamil's as she trailed behind him, staying silent for a moment. 'i already surrendered, all that's left is to deceive him and find the perfect time to attack him and knock him out... this is the only strategy i can think of right now, this better work because being chained to him sucks.'

...

"...i am now under your command, master."

jamil raised a brow as he stared at the first year, "oh? you willingly surrendered? HAHAHA and after you said you were not a tool for me to use... how perfect! you shall follow my every order obediently and you shall swear your loyalty to me!"

f/n kneeled down on one knee with one hand on her chest while the other was tucked behind. her head hung low as she said, "yes, master. i owe you my loyalty..."

jamil let out a satisfied huff and ordered her to stand up before chaining her wrist to his.

'he really believed what i said? how credulous,' thought f/n.

...

"ah~ how relaxing... i can feel myself getting stronger," remarked jamil as he sat down, making sure to let f/n sit beside him. the colonel was silent as she glanced at the dark lounge covered in scarlet smoke, even the skies were in a deep shade of scarlet.

jamil grabbed her chin and made her face him as he said, "you are to look at your master only." as much as f/n wanted to argue with him, she could only retort back, "i owe you my loyalty as your trusted soldier, not as your mistress." jamil glared at the first year and said, "is that how you speak to your master?"

f/n growled lowly before speaking in a mocking tone, "i apologize for my rude behavior, master. i shall repent on my sins and be a better servant." in the corner of her eye, she saw the group sneaking back into the dormitory and took this chance to continue with her act. 'they're here... slight change of plans, we shall attack and knock him out together...' thought f/n. f/n grabbed a glass and raised it up in the air as she exclaimed, "three cheers for master jamil!"

jamil let out a laugh as he said, "that's right! praise me more!" f/n secretly glanced at azul and motioned him to start, "you are very handsome and..."

"you are very tall and tanned..."

"your eyes look sharp when they're slanted..."

"your shoulders are so broad, and..."

"you look super strong!"

"you're bewitching."

jamil let out a huff and said, "hmph. you sure do know your way with words— wait, you—?! i thought i sent you flying off to the ends of the desert... how did you get back here so quickly?!" kalim then replied, "we swam our way back here!" floyd nodded and said, "it was farther than i thought. it was so tiring~" jamil clicked his tongue and said, "kalim's unique magic, huh... hmph, it looks like your unique magic isn't completely useless. you summoned a river, and here i thought it was just some boring, every day magic." azul crossed his arms as his gaze hardened, "you underestimated kalim-san's magic."