✦ chapter forty seven.

ೃ༄ "a priceless luxury most of us can't afford

ೃ༄ "a priceless luxury most of us can't afford..."
✧──────✧

a few days have passed and the class 1-a first years were grouped together in the cafeteria, having their meals with their friends. the cafeteria was busier than usual, and there was a large crowd by the bulletin board. f/n paid no mind to the conversation that their friends were having nor did they spare a glance at the large crowd by the bulletin board, instead she was peacefully nibbling on their favorite meal.

the braincell trio stood up and walked towards the bulletin board to see what all the fuss was about, while yuu trailed behind them to make sure they won't do anything stupid. f/n stayed behind, considering she can still hear them even if they are a mile away from her. she decided to eavesdrop on their conversation, while happily munching on her meal.

"'come and join us! aspiring singers and dancers, this is your chance for stardom! you shall represent our glorious school! in the case that you are chosen to be part of the finalists, the prize money of five million madol will be divided among the participating members.'" read ace.

"FIVE MILLION MADOL?!" screamed ace, deuce, and grim. "indeed! how wonderful, is it not?!" exclaimed crowley as he basically popped out of nowhere, scaring the trio. "—EEK! DON'T SCARE US LIKE THAT!!!" yelled the trio. f/n sighed as she thought to herself, 'they're yelling a lot today...' ace hovered a hand over where his heart should be to calm himself down as he said, "headmaster, i'm gonna be blunt. stop appearing out of thin air all the time! ...it's bad enough that n/n scares us with that, too..."

"oh my~ pardon me, i didn't mean to startle you. there is a reason as to why the prize money of this year's vocal & dance competition is that high. that is because this competition is widely sponsored by a lot of major companies. the vdc is very different from local school band play-offs. the finalists are given thousands of offers from talent agencies for a professional debut. being a top-performing artist will no longer be a dream. it's an honest-to-goodness music battle with the school's name and your future on the line. and of course, the prize needs to be just as grand to ensure groundbreaking performances." explained crowley as the trio started mumbling amongst themselves and discussing how much madol each would receive if they were to divide five million madol by four people.

before f/n could sip on her drink, grim pulled on yuu's sleeve and exclaimed. "hey, hey, yuu! let's join the tournament! f/n, you should come too!" f/n froze on her spot before eyeing grim and shaking her head, "not interested... i'm not fond of performing in front of a large audience..." crowley then stated that traditionally, members of the light music club and choral club were chosen, but now they allow any student to take part in the audition. he then waved goodbye to the first years as he cooed, "i wonder who are the participants for this year~"

f/n finished her lunch and stood up as she bid goodbye to her friends, "i'll head back to my dormitory's table. there's still time left before lunch ends, anyway. good luck on that, you should go find rook hunt of class 3-a to submit your application." the four nodded as yuu said, "rook hunt... alright, thanks! you really won't be joining us? even just by watching our practice?" f/n paused for a moment before shrugging, "i'll check on you guys from time to time when you're practicing... well then, see you in our next class."