✦ chapter twenty four.

ೃ༄ "it's one of his charming points

ೃ༄ "it's one of his charming points."
✧──────✧

class has ended and it was time for the usual weekly club activities. f/n stood beside azul as he greeted and thanked the members for attending, until he realized someone has arrived. "oh, idia. you've arrived." f/n glanced at the ignihyde dorm head and waved a hand at him, "hello, shroud." idia nodded at their greeting before showing a large box decorated with flashy colors and icons, "i made it to the club, at last. look what i got my hands on, guys. it's the latest edition of the 'magical life game'."

the two eyed the box as azul asked, "isn't that a sugoroku type of game?" f/n held their chin as they inspected the box, "if i recall correctly, you have to roll the dice and whichever number you get, you'll have to move the little car piece and you can either get married, have children, own a property, and even go bankrupt." idia nodded eagerly as he added, "yup~ yup~ with the theme being human life, it's a definitive edition of a sugoroku game! that's magical life game! since we are the board game club, why don't we try to roll the dice?" f/n grabbed the box from idia and opened it to peek inside, "it reminds me of that game yuu told me about. the mechanics of magical life game is a little similar to 'monopoly' in his world, i think."

'gee... f/n / f/n-shi talks about yuu a lot, huh... lucky guy,' thought azul and idia to themselves. f/n grabbed the items from inside the box and placed it on the table, carefully assembling it to make it playable for them. "i will excuse myself as i am not a fan of games that depend on luck," said azul. idia let out a sigh as he sat across f/n, "there you go again. you're always like this. developing countries, managing stores, you prefer to play those strategic games. do you not feel tired playing games where you always have to use your head? unpredictable games are fun, as well." f/n listened as idia tried to provoke azul into playing with them, and from the looks of it, his tactic was definitely working.

"games that rely on luck are the same as entrusting everything to the gods. i just like games where you can think up strategies. games like 'magical life game' are boring to me," replied azul. idia peeked at f/n for a second with a knowing smirk before looking back at azul with a small smile on his face, "oho... so that means you... actually have no faith that you can win in games where you cannot strategize?" f/n tried not to show an amused smile at azul as he furrowed his brows and crossed his arms, "what are you saying?"

idia still had the smile on his face as he replied, "it seems the omnipotent master azul cannot compete against luck, after all. he does not have the intellect to overthrow the side of the dice. ah, of course! hehehe, don't worry, i understand. if that's what you want, then f/n and i will play by ourselves." azul glanced at f/n and the board before looking back at idia, "... who do you think you're talking to? do you think i'll lose to you in a simple game of dice throwing?"

f/n had her arm on the table as she rested her cheek against her palm. she looked at azul and said, "oh, but... idia never mentioned anything about losing. he just said not to overexert yourself, don't worry about it~ we can play on our own." azul's little glare hardened as he replied, "hmph. you're provoking me... but alright, just for today." idia clasped his hands together as he said, "there we go!" idia held out his fist towards f/n as the diasomnia student bumped her fist against his before the ignihyde dorm head continued his statement, "let's start quickly. first, choose the color of the car that will be your game piece..."