✦ chapter one hundred thirty.

ೃ༄ "this is the bell of salvation

ೃ༄ "this is the bell of salvation."
✧──────✧

the group continued walking up the bell tower interior. the climb was fine, aside from the huffing and puffing of azul and idia. f/n would glance at them from time to time, asking if they needed a hand.

"are you two alright?" asked f/n.

"too... much..." breathed azul.

malleus was already curious with their sudden breathing as he asked, "what's the matter, shroud, ashengrotto?" azul placed his hands on his knees as he asked, "how... many floors... left...?"

"are there no lifts?" questioned idia as he huffed, "man, i miss technology..."

epel and deuce grew concerned with their seniors as the pomefiore first year spoke, "a-are you two alright? you're sweating..." deuce nodded as he suggested, "how about flying up with a broom? i'm sure we can find one nearby if we ask..."

jamil was having the time of his life. he laughed at their miserable states as he said, "ahaha, now don't give him any ideas. flying will take a lot of time and energy." the scarabia vice head smirked at azul as he taunted him, "you look like death, azul. pretty pathetic."

"he is right! you two lack exercise! you should learn from malleus-sama," added sebek as he crossed his arms. f/n chuckled as she waved him off, "now, now, seb... that's enough bullying the poor boys."

idia and azul had angry pouts on their faces as rollo held his hands together, "apologies... this is an old building, so the stairs are our only option. the bell of salvation is not the only one our school is proud of, but the bell tower itself as well. i hope you come to appreciate it, too. it is spacious, and it has been said that one could live in it as well."

rollo then turned to look at the heaving students, "rest assured, we are almost at the top."

they continued walking upstairs and minutes later, they finally arrived at their destination. before making one step up, rollo offered his hand for f/n to hold as she climbed up to where the bell was. 

one little detail that f/n noticed is that his handkerchief is laid on the hand he held out for her to hold.

f/n was suddenly shocked at his gesture but paid it no mind as she grabbed his hand and stood beside him, before gazing at the large golden bell.

 once the rest had stepped foot to where the bell was situated, idia was the first to cheer.

"WE MADE ITTTTT———!!!"

azul panted as he looked around, "so... we are finally at the top... huh..."

grim eyed the large golden bell before them as he asked, "is this thing what we're here for?" rollo nodded as he replied, "yes, exactly. this is the bell of salvation."